Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1129050 - 02/12/09 08:15 PM Reuse Flood determination
donna.raisor Offline
Platinum Poster
If a customer comes in and wants to consolidate debts and they have an existing loan with us secured by property that we did a SFHD on and we pay off the existing loan and do another loan consolidating all debts and the loan will be secured by the same property can you reuse that SFHD form from the loan we paid off or is a new one required?

Return to Top
#1129109 - 02/12/09 08:49 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination donna.raisor
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
If it is more than seven years old, no.

If not, then it may be spelled out in your contract with the flood determination company. The current determination may not be allowed to be used with a different loan, even though the collateral may be the same.

I ask though, why all the effort? For the price of a new determination and lol monitoring, you prolly already invested more in terms of value of time in trying to avoid ordering a new determination, than the cost of simply ordering a new one.

If it is the customer asking you do not order, they may know somethign you do not, and if they are not spilling, then all the more reason to order a new one!

Return to Top
#1129155 - 02/12/09 09:14 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination #Just Jay
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We don't reorder unless one of the tripwires exists (over 7, map change, form change). Be sure you give Notice, however, if it is in a designated zone.

That said, our LOL follows address rather than account number and they do allow for it, so it works well for us. As JJ said..depends on your contract.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1129180 - 02/12/09 09:30 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination RR Joker
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: RR joker
We don't reorder unless one of the tripwires exists (over 7, map change, form change). Be sure you give Notice, however, if it is in a designated zone.

That said, our LOL follows address rather than account number and they do allow for it, so it works well for us. As JJ said..depends on your contract.

First, if you know there was a map change, I assume via your LOL monitoring, why order a new one?

Second, without ordering a new one, how can you be 100% certain your were correctly notified of a map change in the first place?

Return to Top
#1129196 - 02/12/09 09:39 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination #Just Jay
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Second, without ordering a new one, how can you be 100% certain your were correctly notified of a map change in the first place?

You can't - you would have to go look and document it.

Return to Top
#1139139 - 03/03/09 07:49 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination rlcarey
swthomeala Offline
Georgia
A financial institution may rely n a previous SFHDF if the following: completed by the same financial institution, less than 7 years old, map information correct (no map revision) and it was completed on a SFHDF.

Return to Top
#1139436 - 03/04/09 11:44 AM Re: Reuse Flood determination swthomeala
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"map information correct (no map revision)"

That was my point, how do you document that fact?

Return to Top
#1140376 - 03/05/09 02:28 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination #Just Jay
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Originally Posted By: RR joker

First, if you know there was a map change, I assume via your LOL monitoring, why order a new one?

Because we routinely verify the maps/panels/and date accuracy. LofL notification can be delayed...I wouldn't want to rely on it.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1140818 - 03/05/09 07:09 PM Re: Reuse Flood determination RR Joker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
LofL notification can be delayed...I wouldn't want to rely on it.

Most LOL monitoring only notifies you if the status of the property changes. So there could be a map change that does not affect the status of the property and you would not be notified of the map change through the LOL monitoring. So processing as RRJ does is advisable. I am also an advocate of obtaining a new determination, or at least a recertification each time a MIRE of a loan occurs.

If you're not sure how yours LOL monitoring works then you should read your contract and/or contact your vendor.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G