Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1131553 - 02/18/09 03:08 PM Fraud message on CBR
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
We are seeing a new fraud message on almost all of the credit reports. I don't think it's an actual alert that we need to address as a red flag, but I want to see how others are handling this. We've received several different answers from CredStar - the company we get the tri-merge report from, and I can't seem to get a person on the phone at Experian or Equifax - the messages are different but similar between Experian and Equifax. For example...

Experian: Possible SSN issue begin date: 1/1/1968, End date 1/1/1970.

Equifax: Safesacanned: Your inquiry has gone through our Safescan data base., SSN issued in 1969 in TX.

What my sense is is that this is really informational only to help us in determining the liklihood that the SSN belongs to the applicant. For example, if it said SSN issue begin date was 1/1/68, but the DOB for our applicant is 5/15/1984, then clearly the SSN doesn't belong to the applicant. What's throwing me off is that end date. I'm not exaggerating though that this is on almost every (if not every) credit report now, and they all have the begin and end dates, not just a begin date.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1131581 - 02/18/09 03:35 PM Re: Fraud message on CBR CalifDreamin
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
I think you are right, it is information only = the time frame when the SS# was likely to have been issued.
It would become a Red Flag in the example you mention . . . the applicant was born after the SS# was issued. And only then would you have to Document your detection of this Flag and how it was Resolved.

Return to Top