BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1133299 - 02/20/09 05:10 PM Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
The best thing to ever come out of Clinton's mouth!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090220/ap_on_go_pr_wh/clinton_obama_economy

(More On The Job training for the Chosen One)

I have thought this all along, if he would just shut up and quit being such a downer, things would get better. He has got to realize how what he says efects the market and the world.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1133316 - 02/20/09 05:30 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy DD Regs
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
pretty sure Obama was speaking optimistically at his inauguration about getting through our economic problems. and how exactly are you agreeing with Clinton, if you want Obama to shut up and he wants Obama to speak?

Return to Top
#1133321 - 02/20/09 05:35 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Robin Goodfellow
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The inaugaration was a month ago. What's making the news now is what BO is saying at each of his travel stops. Clinton said he needs to be more upbeat. imo, BO needs act more like a good coach...you know, even tho the team is behind he should work to instill confidence that if we try hard, we can win the game.

Return to Top
#1133331 - 02/20/09 05:49 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Truffle Royale
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Thank You Truff, couldn't have explained myself any better than what you just did. Guess I need to speak more clearer and slower for those who have drank the Kool Aid and ate the Cotton Candy.

Return to Top
#1133337 - 02/20/09 05:54 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy DD Regs
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Don't you just have to wonder if Hillary isn't jetting around the world and thinking - Boy! Am I Ever Glad That I DID NOT Get the Nomination, or this mess would have been Mine!

Return to Top
#1133340 - 02/20/09 05:56 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy DD Regs
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
while you're at it, you might try speaking correctly, too.

wonder if the bar is serving any kool-aid today...whistle

Return to Top
#1133343 - 02/20/09 05:57 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Snow Bunny
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I know I think the same thing every day... thank god she did not get the Nomination!

Return to Top
#1133347 - 02/20/09 06:00 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
She would have if certain things were exposed earlier than they were.

Return to Top
#1133357 - 02/20/09 06:04 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Blade Scrapper
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
you still talking about Hillary, or Janet Jackson?

Return to Top
#1133360 - 02/20/09 06:08 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Robin Goodfellow
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Thanks for that visual. eek

Return to Top
#1133362 - 02/20/09 06:09 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Robin Goodfellow
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Robin Goodfellow
while you're at it, you might try speaking correctly, too.

wonder if the bar is serving any kool-aid today...whistle

The kind kids drink is Kool-Aid, what BO worshippers drink is something else. I didn't want to taint the good name of the real stuff. cool

Return to Top
#1133367 - 02/20/09 06:12 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Blade Scrapper
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
Originally Posted By: Knife Fighter
Thanks for that visual. eek

would you prefer Solange Knowles?

Return to Top
#1133380 - 02/20/09 06:25 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Robin Goodfellow
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
If Obama becomes optimistic, he and his fellow democrats in congress will lose their blank check and have to cut back on their spending spree!

Return to Top
#1133406 - 02/20/09 06:39 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy B_F
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
It's all in the spin BF, all in the spin. Clinton could tell you that your house was on fire and the IRS was coming for $6B in back taxes, but say it in a way that didn't cause you to have anxiety attacks. There are some presidents who just have a gift like that. Reagan, Kennedy, FDR for example. You can say the bad stuff, but make it hopeful and not disasterous.

Like Truff said - make it a Win One For The Gipper speech instead of doom and gloom.

Return to Top
#1133411 - 02/20/09 06:42 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Snow Bunny
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
Originally Posted By: Duchess Pooh
Win One For The Gipper

or Smoke Me a Kipper?

Return to Top
#1133438 - 02/20/09 07:07 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Robin Goodfellow
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I wish Hillary was in more than Obama; at least with her, you had an idea what she would do.

Kind of "the devil you know is better than the one you don't" because, honestly, does anyone really know BO?

Return to Top
#1133451 - 02/20/09 07:25 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
You really want to go there, MB, after a long rotten week like this one has been? She isn't. He is. I agree with her husband that he should learn to make lemonade from the lemons he ran to have the joy of dealing with.

Return to Top
#1133474 - 02/20/09 07:33 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Truffle Royale
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Exactly, TR. I think so much dwelling on the horrendous state of the economy instead of trying to focus on what good they hope to accomplish with all of the bills they are coming up with just perpetuates the negative attitude. If you don't tell people that there is light at the end of the tunnel they won't bother to venture in.

Return to Top
#1133767 - 02/20/09 11:43 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Mocha's Mom
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Mocha's Mom
If you don't tell people that there is light at the end of the tunnel they won't bother to venture in.

You guys are assuming he doesnt' know what he's doing when he says these things. It's all part of the plan. You bet'cha!

Return to Top
#1133821 - 02/21/09 03:59 AM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy buggs
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
Was that sarcasm bugs, or do you really belief that?

Return to Top
#1133823 - 02/21/09 05:05 AM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on econo Mocha's Mom
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Mocha's Mom
If you don't tell people that there is light at the end of the tunnel they won't bother to venture in.

What if the light at the end of the tunnel, is a train??? wink

Return to Top
#1133851 - 02/21/09 05:44 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on econo Bimmer
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
It's better than living blindly in the dark, don't you think?

Return to Top
#1133855 - 02/21/09 05:52 PM Re: Clinton to Obama: Talk optimistically on economy Blessed
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Disappointments
Was that sarcasm bugs, or do you really belief that?

I don't know if I believe it, but I don't rule it completely out. laugh Everybody talks about how smart he is. Either his current mode is a rookie mistake, or he is pushing something else.

Seriously, I'd say I'm 90% convinced that we're seeing the evidence of something that was said over and over during the election, Barack Obama just isn't ready for prime time. Unfortunately, Bill Clinton is having to give him a little on the job training. Pretty sad, actually.

Return to Top