Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#113433 - 09/09/03 05:26 PM Signature Card
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the bank required to provide a copy of a signature card to the customer when requested? I have been advised that they are bank records and unless we are legally required to do so (lawsuit, etc.) then we do not have to provide a copy.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#113434 - 09/09/03 05:47 PM Re: Signature Card
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
In most cases, a signature card constitutes a contract. I believe the customer is entitled to a copy of any contract he/she/it signs. There isn't a consumer reg involved, but wouldn't you want to know the terms of your contract with a bank?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#113435 - 09/09/03 06:01 PM Re: Signature Card
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I'm with John. Unless you mean they want another copy month after month, they are certainly entitled to one when the account is opened. If the sig card constitutes "account disclosures", based on content, then TISA will require delivery.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#113436 - 09/09/03 06:04 PM Re: Signature Card
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Our signature cards are two part. One is the original and a copy for the customer. Customer should be allowed to have a copy if they request it. If nothing else it is simply good customer service.

Return to Top
#113437 - 09/10/03 08:28 PM Re: Signature Card
Czargazer Offline
Gold Star
Czargazer
Pacific Northwest
I have to agree with the above comments, that a customer should at least be given the opportunity to have a copy when they sign. However, requesting a copy at a later time is a little different. The signature card is most definately non-public information, and could be quite useful in conducting ID theft. Some diligence in being sure you are dealing with the account holder(s) might be a good idea before simply making a copy and giving it to anyone who asks.

Return to Top