Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1135932 - 02/25/09 07:53 PM Definition of "minimal risk" - UIGEA
mmumm Offline
100 Club
Santa Cruz, California
Does anyone know what they mean when they say to determine if a customer presents a "minimal risk" in engaging in an Internet gambling business?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1136112 - 02/25/09 09:46 PM Re: Definition of "minimal risk" - UIGEA mmumm
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
12 CFR § 233.6(b)(4)

With respect to the determination in paragraph (b)(2)(i) of this section, participants may deem the following commercial customers to present a minimal risk of engaging in an Internet gambling business —

(i) An entity that is directly supervised by a Federal functional regulator as set out in §233.7(a); or

(ii) An agency, department, or division of the Federal government or a State government.

Return to Top
#1136194 - 02/26/09 12:58 AM Re: Definition of "minimal risk" - UIGEA Kelsey D
mmumm Offline
100 Club
Santa Cruz, California
what about other commercial accounts? how will we know if another type of business presents a "minimal risk"? i'm sure using common sense it's relatively easy to tell, but i didnt know if there was a specific definition of what's considered minimal risk?

Return to Top
#1136259 - 02/26/09 01:24 PM Re: Definition of "minimal risk" - UIGEA mmumm
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
This is the definition of minimal risk straight from the regulation. It's my understanding that any other commercial customer would pose more than the minimal risk.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett