Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1138483 - 03/02/09 07:40 PM SAR Form Questions
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
I have two questions. If I don't know the occupation of the suspect do I leave the SAR form blank or do I put "unknown"?
Also, if I have an addition to a former SAR, it looks like I send the original completed SAR, choose the corrected box, and add my statement in the narrative. Is that correct?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1138493 - 03/02/09 07:49 PM Re: SAR Form Questions Compliance Lover
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
1. Put Unknown. If you leave it blank, it is not known if you forgot to fill in the box or if you didn't know the occupation.

http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/files/sar_tti_06.pdf

2. Do you have an addition or a correction? If you have an addition, I would simply file a supplemental SAR. If you have a correction, then follow what you said. (choose the corrected box, and add my statement in the narrative)

Return to Top
#1138515 - 03/02/09 08:09 PM Re: SAR Form Questions WonderWoman
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
Well it happened along with everything else we just didn't figure it out until after we had access to additional documents. What do you think?
If I file it as corrected do I send the entire narrative that was typed the first time and just add my additional information to it?
What do you do for a supplemental?

Return to Top
#1138528 - 03/02/09 08:25 PM Re: SAR Form Questions Compliance Lover
OkieDokie Offline
Oklahoma
Jumping in on this thread, my first sentence explains the information being added or corrected, and that the narrative below reflects those changes. So, yes I send the entire narrative as it should have been the first time.

Return to Top
#1138590 - 03/02/09 09:15 PM Re: SAR Form Questions Compliance Lover
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
I would file a supplemental report.

Basically it is just another SAR but you carry the original dates & add to the dollar amount.

You don't have to include the original narrative ... I would just state something like:

This is a supplemental report to the one file XX/XX/XXXX.

Additional information was discovered on __________ that lead to the discovery ________. blah blah blah

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z