Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#114055 - 09/11/03 10:37 PM Security
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
The Security Officer of my Bank has been reading the Wall Street Journal article and has asked me to locate as much information as possible about electronic tracking devices and decoy currency packages. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much.

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#114056 - 09/11/03 11:29 PM Re: Security
Annette Offline
New Poster
Annette
The primary vendor for tracking devices in our area, the Pacific NW, is ETS, which is a division of Spectrum Management. They would be able to provide you with specifications for their product and tell you if your local law enforcement agency participates in their program. (If they don't the tracking devices are moot.)
Here is a weblink for Spectrum/ETS

http://www.sm-ets.com/Interface/dsl/pages/generalwebsite_1099/homepage_1107.asp?navcon_id=1107

For dye packs there are two vendors, 3SI and US Currency. We use 3SI. Here is a weblink to their site.
http://www.3sisecurity.com/

I would also talk with your local FBI bank robbery coordinator to get their recommendation for your area.

Return to Top
#114057 - 09/12/03 11:45 AM Re: Security
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks:

You should also check out Security Products Online (www.secprodonline.com) for a great selection of helpful tools. You can't buy anything at this site -- it furnishes direct links to vendors . . .

Return to Top
#114058 - 09/12/03 01:38 PM Re: Security
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
There are several vendors for dye packs, but if you are looking for the RAT packs - (radio activated tracking) you will want to make sure that your local police department can assist in the tracking - if they do not have the receivers, you are wasting your money. My suggestion is that your first call be to your local police contact.

Return to Top
#114059 - 09/18/03 11:27 PM Re: Security
Sharon Lewis Offline
New Poster
Sharon Lewis
Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Bank Robbery Impact Group (BRIG for short) has been researching various robbery deterrence/solution products, including ETS. US Currency Protection is now marketing a GPS based system that does not require any commitment from law enforcement or other financial institutions. I'll know more after they present their product to us in October. Feel free to contact Phil Grimm at US Currency Protection at 1-800-228-9024 ext. 121.

Return to Top
#114060 - 09/23/03 03:53 PM Re: Security
LindaB Offline
New Poster
LindaB
Washington State
If you're interested in GPS technology, another resource is Global Pursuit Systems out of Scottsdale, AZ (480) 837-3773.
I've seen a live demonstration and it is very impressive.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z