Page 12 of 42 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 41 42
Thread Options
#1137414 - 02/27/09 04:57 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
BF, no argument here! I think Kara's critiques are certainly more useful and "on point" than Paula's could ever hope to be!

In my opinion, Kara's critiques are better than Paula, Randy, or Simon have ever done.

Simon does know what's good, but he doesn't give constructive criticism. Randy is all about Dawg this and Dawg that, but only occasionally says something that will help them get better.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1137595 - 02/27/09 06:48 PM Re: American Idol B_F
buggs Offline
Power Poster
OH NO! Kelly Brook is leaving Britain's Got Talent!

Four Become Three

Return to Top
#1139470 - 03/04/09 01:28 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
What did everyone think last night? I thought this group was much better than last week's. I didn't think anyone this week was terrible.

My favorite was probably Scott. I also thought Jorge was very good, although I am not sure they did the right thing in trying to take all the "Puerto Rico" out of him. I liked Taylor even though the judges didn't seem to. Junot was good too. Von wasn't as shrieky as I expected.

I know the judges have been pushing Lil Rounds from the first time they saw her, but I just don't like her. She can sing, but there's just something about her.

Return to Top
#1139474 - 03/04/09 01:34 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I cant' get past the way the one guy looks with all the piercings and freaky hair

Return to Top
#1139477 - 03/04/09 01:38 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Pale, I know what you mean. It is a little distracting. If he would just take off the headbands, that would help.

You know what really got on my nerves last night? The judges! Waaaaayyyyyy too much banter/arguing/discussion amongst the judges. Give feedback to the contestants, then just zip it! I was, however, amazed at Paula's good recall of what various contestants sang during Hollywood week.

Return to Top
#1139484 - 03/04/09 01:44 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ha!

oh ya, the headband Ryan wanted Simon to model -

it is annoying with all the comedy the panel and Seacrest try to inject - the kids must be a bundle of nerves and they joke around..

Return to Top
#1139497 - 03/04/09 01:51 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Ditto to both Hoosier and Pale's comments. Itried closing my eyes when freak "boy" was singing to see if he could sing, really wasn't awful, but not an Idol. I too was surprised by last nights performances. I expected this to be the weakest group, but for themost part all were pretty good.

My predictions are:
Jorge (Will get all of Puerto Rico voting for him, and he can sing, just mow the browl dude.
Lil Rounds - felt like she was the best of the night, she has stage presence and can belt it.
The last is a toss up for me between teh country girl and the girl they brought back, can't remember her name.

Still think the judges will bring back the blind dude.

Return to Top
#1139501 - 03/04/09 01:55 PM Re: American Idol DD Regs
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Speaking of freaky headband boy, did anyone notice that during his performance he is not have the horseshoe/bullring thingy in his nose, but when they were showing the recaps at the end, he did??

Either forgot to put it in for the live performance, or take it our for the test run.

Return to Top
#1139504 - 03/04/09 01:57 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
My picks from last night: Ju'not, Jorje & Lil.

The blondie who needs wardrobe help was decent. I just prefer that song with a slower tempo. Something about her seems kinda off, though.

I thought the country gal chose a song that was way too big for her. And anyways, I hated it. Of course, I also hate country.

I like Scott, and I want to pick him for my top three, but I can't based on vocals alone. I do appreciate his passion, and his performance wasn't as awkward as I expected. Boy who knocked over the mic stand took the cake on that. Anyways, Scott's gonna said through to the next round and one (or more!)of my three will not.

I still hope Anoop gets another shot. I love that guy.

And if headband boy gets through, I don't think I'll watch another episode until he's gone. He is obnoxious.

I was SO excited to finally get an ABBA song.. and then it was butchered. frown I ♥ ABBA.
Last edited by Ops; 03/04/09 01:58 PM.
Return to Top
#1139557 - 03/04/09 03:03 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Too bad for Felicia (I think that's her name, the one who was the last minute replacement) that she was in the same group as Lil. I thought she performed well, but the men were so strong that I think it will be 2 guys and 1 girl from this group, with Lil as the given for the girl.

Return to Top
#1139577 - 03/04/09 03:17 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Wow, the first 12 blew the other 24 away. Early on last night, I wondered if ANYONE from the group deserved to go through.

Von Smith - They praised him, and seemed to really like him, but I thought it was weak, boring, and there is just something about him I don't like.

Taylor V - I liked her, but I didn't feel like she connected to the song. Something about it felt generic, and I don't know if she has enough to win.

Alex Wagner Trugman - He should be arrested for song abuse! Seriously, he destroyed that song, and frankly, I felt like he was almost more of a joke than Norman Gentle.

Arianna Asfar - I so wanted to like her, because she really is cute as a button. But she picked the wrong song. She had a few good moments in it, but does not even come close to deserving to move forward. This is another kid coming on the show too early, and I hope she will have another chance 10 years from now or something.

Ju'Not Joiner - FINALLY! He really connected with the lyric, totally changed the song to make it his, and showed good range and excellent tone. I LOVED it. Definately a contender.

Kristin McNamara - Not only is she a karaoke host, she's also a karaoke singer. Sure, she's got a good voice, but there's something missing. I just didn't feel the connection.

Nathaniel - He's no Meatloaf, and even before Simon compared him to Olivia Newton John, I had noted to myself that his headband and dancing reminded me of Olivia Newton John. He's just wierd, full of drama, and an average singer at best.

Felicia - I'm not sure about the song choice, but I am sure about the voice. She has talent, and she at least deserves to be in the competition. Was she good enough to make it past this stage? Probably not because she wasn't perfect when she needed to be.

Scott "Blind Guy" McIntire - His stare still creeps me out a little, and he can certainly sing. But while his voice was good, I just don't feel it is as great as others are saying. I think he's getting a little pity praise. In other words, yes, he's good, but he's only great because he's blind.

Kendall Beard - She's cute, she can sing country, but come on, MARTINA? Was she out of her mind? It started off great, but when it hit the chorus, it all fell apart. Her only hope is that country fans dial in and put her through.

Jorge Nunez - That poor song! His pacing of the lyrics sounded odd, and I didn't like it at all.

Lil Rounds - LOVED IT! Way to close the show, she could definately be in the top 10.

My predictions: Lil, Scott, and Ju'not go through, with Kendall and Felicia singing for their lives in the wildcard

Return to Top
#1139601 - 03/04/09 03:28 PM Re: American Idol B_F
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Sox, where did you pst go? :confuzzled"

Return to Top
#1139603 - 03/04/09 03:29 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
A_G Offline
10K Club
I saw it too!

Now it's gone.

Return to Top
#1139604 - 03/04/09 03:30 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
confused

Return to Top
#1139667 - 03/04/09 04:12 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the thread was over there ----->

nothing is missing!

so don't blame me!

Return to Top
#1139672 - 03/04/09 04:16 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
are you stalking us?

Return to Top
#1139682 - 03/04/09 04:20 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
hey, that's my line!!!

as a mod, I must engage in some form of stalking, as unpleasant as it is at times...........

Return to Top
#1139712 - 03/04/09 04:41 PM Re: American Idol Ops
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
I missed something - who did Felica replace?

Return to Top
#1139715 - 03/04/09 04:42 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
I thought that Ju'Not did a very good job on Hey There Delilah. I absolutely hate that song and groaned when he said he was singing it. I really liked it though, much better than the original version for me.

I also really liked Lil. She can sing. I wish she would have picked a different song though. Something that had more to show her range and ability to really hit the big notes.

Return to Top
#1139744 - 03/04/09 05:03 PM Re: American Idol ApacheBelle72
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: ApacheBelle72
I missed something - who did Felica replace?

She replaced Joanna ? Pacitti when it was decided she had a previous relationship with the producers of the show.
Personally, I think Felicia was the best one last night, and one of the only ones of the night that interested me at all. I found Jorge and Lil Rounds interesting, too. Maybe Junot. Maybe not. I'm undecided.

I really don't see what the big deal is about the Scott guy. So he's blind, which is too bad, but it shouldn't be a pass to get you to the final 12.

If I could choose, I would send Felicia, Jorge, and Lil Rounds through...

Return to Top
#1139753 - 03/04/09 05:08 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
A_G Offline
10K Club
Everytime I see Lil's name (which is probably short for Lillian or something) all I can think of is 'Lil as is 'Lil John or 'Lil Wayne.

'Lil Rounds laugh

Return to Top
#1139756 - 03/04/09 05:09 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
thanks for sharing crazy

Return to Top
#1139761 - 03/04/09 05:10 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
A_G Offline
10K Club