Learn More - Click Here!

Page 14 of 42 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42
Thread Options
#1140944 - 03/05/09 08:50 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
That was my feeling too. They picked who they want to get to the final 12, then picked ones that definitely won't make it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1141080 - 03/06/09 02:51 AM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
hmmmmm........

a baker's dozen........

Return to Top
#1141085 - 03/06/09 03:31 AM Re: American Idol B_F
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: B_F
Wow, I'm 2 out of three through the whole thing including wildcard performers!

My bet for who's going to sing well enough tomorrow are:

Anoop Dawg
Ricky Braddy
The Blond Chick who Can't Dance (all from week 1)
and Tatiana!

(Yes, I know that's 4 and only 3 go through. Tatiana won't)

Wow, I was 3/5! I guessed Anoop, The Blond Chick who Can't Dance, and that it would be a bakers dozen! (Ok, so I was kidding, but a part of me thought it might be 1 wild card per judge)

Return to Top
#1141150 - 03/06/09 01:33 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I was happy with the choices last night, more or less. I personally do not care for Megan Corkrey at all, but I can see why the judges put her through. They do seem to have a pretty good variety of singing styles this time around.

(And yippee, no more Tatiana!!!!!)

Return to Top
#1141163 - 03/06/09 01:48 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
When the first girl was picked (can't remember her name), I was SO disappointed cause one of the three I picked after they all sang wasn't gonna get through. I was tickled pink when they went back and said Anoop was in, too. I'm not sure I get their first pick. She's pretty boring to me.. and I didn't think her vocals were spectacular, either. I, too, thought the song was too big for her.

Return to Top
#1141215 - 03/06/09 02:28 PM Re: American Idol Ops
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I REALLY don't understand the Jasmine thing.
I know they think she's commercial, but she seems too boring to be commercial to me. I think Jesse Langseth was more 'commercial', personally.

The other three I was find with...so glad that Matt Giraud went through. I LOVE his voice, and see some interesting performances in his future.

Return to Top
#1141226 - 03/06/09 02:37 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
All I can say is THANK GOD Tatiana didn't make it. I don't think I could handle any more of her drama...I agree MadisonCali, I wish Jesse had made it through, but then again she's a home town girl and I'm a bit biased. I don't think she took enough advantage to showcase her talents in the little time she had.

Return to Top
#1141267 - 03/06/09 02:59 PM Re: American Idol travelgirl
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Would it have been wrong or too corny for a girl to have sang "I'm Special"?

I like Jasmine the first time I saw her. I always like trying to pick out of the initial performances who I think will make it. With her I said, She stands a chance. I must say i have been dissapointed in her songs. Again last night i thought it was the wrong song, but I think she did good with it. Maybe she will get some coaching and sing some more "Commercial" style songs.

I think we will be seeing more of the ones who did not make it. Someone has seen them now, and hopefully they will get a deal somewhere.

Return to Top
#1141303 - 03/06/09 03:19 PM Re: American Idol DD Regs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Jasmine is someone I think they see the potential to make a hit record with, even if she needs more coaching than the others. It doesn't matter, because by putting her in to the top 12 *cough* 13, even if she goes week one, they own a little more of her soul when the season is over.

Return to Top
#1141314 - 03/06/09 03:23 PM Re: American Idol B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
Tatiana already thinks she's a star and she's not!

I'm glad she didn't make it!

Return to Top
#1141456 - 03/06/09 04:45 PM Re: American Idol A_G
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: AuditGuy
Tatiana already thinks she's a star and she's not!

I'm glad she didn't make it!

I was embarrased for her - and to sing that same song - ugggggg!
I think the judges were nuts for bringing her back in the first place. And to think she was shocked that she didn't make it through! I can't express how glad I am to not see her again!

Return to Top
#1141612 - 03/06/09 06:11 PM Re: American Idol ApacheBelle72
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
Did you hear her try to use the excuse that she could not learn a new song in 1 day...... heeelllllooo... hollywood week you were able to, so did the other 7 for last night.

Return to Top
#1141641 - 03/06/09 06:22 PM Re: American Idol TXBSA
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: tex.gal
Did you hear her try to use the excuse that she could not learn a new song in 1 day...... heeelllllooo... hollywood week you were able to, so did the other 7 for last night.

I thought her excuse was that she couldn't get a song 'cleared' in one day...i.e. permission to use one that she wanted...

Return to Top
#1141678 - 03/06/09 06:33 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
I'm not a regular watcher of the show but I know enough about what is going on because my spouse loves it. And I told her every step of the way that Tatiana was going to make it to each of the next rounds purely to drive ratings. People are motivated to watch singers they love but many are more motivated to watch singers they hate. And sure enough every time it looked like that girl might be done she was brought back. Frankly I am surprised that she did not make it into the remaining group.

Return to Top
#1141684 - 03/06/09 06:35 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Madison, you're right.

Return to Top
#1141686 - 03/06/09 06:35 PM Re: American Idol Ops
A_G Offline
10K Club
How about the one girl Simon said no to, then she thought he said something like 'just kidding' and her face lit up, but she really just heard him incorrectly. eek

Return to Top
#1141946 - 03/06/09 09:38 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
That was sad, AG. I felt so bad for her.

I am just so happy that Tatiana did not make it (nor headband guy eek) - I would not have watched if either of them were in the top 12(13)

That was a surprise last night but I am glad they did it. I thought group 3 was the toughest to judge, a lot of pretty good singers.

And I agree with the BOL'er who said there is something about Lil that they don't like - not sure what it is but I agree, I don't like her for some reason. Maybe it is because she reminds me of Fantasia Borino (sp) and I could not stand her.

Return to Top
#1141981 - 03/06/09 10:20 PM Re: American Idol Mocha's Mom
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom, that was me who said there was something about Lil that I just don't like. I think you may be right about the similarity to Fantasia. I never cared for her either. They are both good singers but. . .just don't care for them. I'm not a big fan of R&B, and there really aren't that many female singers that I love in the first place, so maybe she will grow on me as the season progresses. I'm sure she'll be around for a while.

Return to Top
#1142186 - 03/09/09 05:05 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I just read that this week is Michael Jackson week.. not sure if that had been brought up yet.

Return to Top
#1143263 - 03/11/09 12:26 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Oh, Anoop. Why must you let us down? LAME.

I hope to see Anoop & Jasmine gone.

Mariah's I'll be there would have been a WAY better choice for Jasmine. She tried to work 'em together, but if ya ask me, there was too much Michael & not enough Mariah.

Why must Randy name drop all the time? We get it.

Adam, you're the man.

Return to Top
#1143266 - 03/11/09 12:31 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
For me, the best performances of the night were Danny, Michael, Matt, and Adam. The funny thing about Adam is that although I can't see myself ever buying his music, I just can't wait to see what he is going to do each time he performs. You know he is just going to kill it (in a good way), whatever song he sings. He is really, really talented.

I thought the weakest last night were Jorge and Megan. At least since she was holding the microphone and moving around on stage last night, we didn't have to see so much of her "dancing" and flinging her Tyrannasaurus Rex arms around (as my husband says).

Ops, I was disappointed in Anoop as well, but I hope he sticks around at least one more week.

Return to Top
#1143272 - 03/11/09 12:45 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I would be okay with Jorge being gone instead of Anoop. I had high hopes for both of 'em, and I was very let down. Also, both of them have massive eyebrows, which I find very distracting.

Return to Top
#1143278 - 03/11/09 12:51 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
LOL, I guess I haven't paid much attention to Jorge's appearance. I have noticed Anoop's eyebrows but will have to check out Jorge's tonight on the results show!

Return to Top
#1143284 - 03/11/09 12:58 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
heading off to the barber for an eyebrow trim..........

Return to Top
#1143287 - 03/11/09 01:02 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Don't forget your ear trim, too.

Return to Top
Page 14 of 42 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42