Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1142972 - 03/10/09 07:01 PM Customer Incorporated
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I left a message with IRS/CTR people, but haven't heard back, so I will solicit your opinions:

Sole proprietor customer(MSB)decided to incorporate in 2007. Every year we have the account officer's review the high risk customers and one of the questions is has your corporate status changed. Every year the response was no, so we continued to complete CTRs as a d/b/a. Today, I find out the customer gave the account officer the incorporation paperwork shortly after incorporation but the account officer didn't tell me or anyone else for that matter.

So- now, do I have to file amended CTRs? The Tax ID number is different (obviously) so I am guessing yes, but this amounts to about 75 CTRs.

What do you think (besides the account officer should be strung by his ankles from a high, high, string!)? wink

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1143030 - 03/10/09 07:29 PM Re: Customer Incorporated Tesla
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
While I have not gone through a similar situation, this is strictly an opinion. Like you, I would want to hear back from the IRS/CTR Computing Center prior to making the corrections so as to hopefully get some guidance (in writing would be ideal) stating that filing corrected CTRs is not necessary in your case. But I have a feeling that submitting corrected CTRs may be what you are directed to do.

Return to Top
#1143545 - 03/11/09 05:11 PM Re: Customer Incorporated Miss Banker
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
When your proprietor incorporated he became a new "person". You may, therefore, have a failure to file situation as opposed to merely CTRs filled out incorrectly. Be sure to document the backfiling request carefully, including when he would have become eligible for exemption as a corporation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z