Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1143986 - 03/12/09 01:49 PM Safe Depost Box Forms
cadym Offline
Michigan
Hello,

I have been to few trainings on SDB and they have told me that a History Card should be kept for each box at our institution. This "card" should contain the name of the person who rented the box with the date opened, date closed and the date the lock was maintenanced. Then you continue with the next renter.

Our systems track all mainframe changes that we do when renting a box. When it was opened, who is the renter and when it was closed. Of course there is nothing we can put in the system when we change/replace the locks.

Is this "History Card" actually necessary?

Return to Top
#1143997 - 03/12/09 02:01 PM Re: Safe Depost Box Forms cadym
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I have never of that. I know you need an access card, but an overall history card?

Return to Top
#1171300 - 04/28/09 03:51 PM Re: Safe Depost Box Forms Kansayaku
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Don't know if you're still interested in an answer to this, but we also maintained history cards for each box. Based on the system you use, changes may or may not carry over each year, or as system vendors change. It has happened that the box history has been helpful if a relative has found a key and can identify that the key belonged to a box at your bank - which was closed 10 years ago. Or drilled.

I believe it's a bank procedure, however, and not required by an regulator that I'm aware of.

Return to Top
#1171324 - 04/28/09 04:08 PM Re: Safe Depost Box Forms BBoyd
cadym Offline
Michigan
Thank you.

Return to Top