Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1144055 - 03/12/09 02:41 PM Confirmation of Receipt of CTR
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Is there a way to confirm whether or not a CTR that was mailed was received by the IRS?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1144215 - 03/12/09 06:54 PM Re: Confirmation of Receipt of CTR Kelsey D
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
I recently called the Correspondence Unit because we had a CTR that we thought may have been submitted twice. I called to see if they received one or two CTRs from us on that person. The person that helped me needed specific information because we file electronically, such as date of batch submission, amount, etc. and he was more than willing to assist me. I believe that calling them is worth a shot at least to confirm that they received the CTR you are looking for if it is only one or very few (it may be harder for them to locate if you mailed it in via snail mail though).

For confirmations on regular CTR submissions:

For CTRs that were mailed in, I am not aware of any confirmation provided by the IRS.

For CTRs submitted electronically, we receive a report that is automitacally generated by our core processor listing submitted CTRs that have been accepted by the IRS.

Return to Top
#1144252 - 03/12/09 07:19 PM Re: Confirmation of Receipt of CTR Miss Banker
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Thanks, Miss Banker. There were three CTR's from one day that I was concerned may have never been mailed because I couldn't find my copies. I've since located my misplaced copies, so I feel more assured that they were in fact mailed.

Return to Top
#1144581 - 03/13/09 02:51 PM Re: Confirmation of Receipt of CTR Kelsey D
Trees Offline
Power Poster
We recently moved to the e-filing system that provides confirms of receipt and acknowledgments that are used to confirm to us that the CTR had no errors (missing info, mixed up TIN). We used to mail and some CTRS were reported received "late" by the IRS so we moved to e-filing which all but eliminated this potential 'violation". Go to e-filing. The discreet files are very easy and you can be off and running in a week or so. batch filing takes longer to get approved, etc. Move away from mail. They don't like it (so much paper) and I would not be surprised if more CTRs are reported "late" to "encourage" filers to go with e-filing.
Last edited by Trees; 03/13/09 02:52 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z