BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1143222 - 03/10/09 11:16 PM Texas Schools
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Hey, myself and some other gurus will be teaching at the TBA schools coming up.

Compliance School April 5-10
Compliance Update School April 7-8
Compliance Mgmt School May 20-22

Who else will be there or has any questions?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1143819 - 03/11/09 10:00 PM Re: Texas Schools Andy_Z
Zebra 15 Offline
I will be at the compliance school, April 5-10.
I have only been in banking for approx 1 year; work in internal audit.
Am looking forward to the experience and info.

Return to Top
#1144012 - 03/12/09 02:14 PM Re: Texas Schools Zebra 15
PatriciaC Offline
100 Club
PatriciaC
Lewisville, Texas, US
We have a great time at these schools. Possibly my favorite part (besides the chance to wear my tiara) is getting to meet some of the folks we only hear from via email or this site.

Bring your questions, your appetite (TBA feeds us very well), and your sense of humor.

See you in Austin!!!

Return to Top
#1144085 - 03/12/09 03:09 PM Re: Texas Schools Andy_Z
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Bought my plane ticket a few minutes ago... Given all of the lending related changes I expect the Alumni Session to be "extra large." Being an alum of the Compliance School really affords a great opportunity for cost efficient updates.

As for me, I'm looking forward to a cold Margarita with friends overlooking Lake Travis...

Return to Top
#1144096 - 03/12/09 04:40 PM Re: Texas Schools Elwood P. Dowd
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Hey "next" be sure to say hello. The school is both a great learning experience and fun.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1144344 - 03/12/09 09:05 PM Re: Texas Schools Andy_Z
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I didn't realize there was an in-state Compliance Management School through TBA (I did hear of the others). I may actually get to get approval to go to this since it's here in TX. Thanks for the info, Andy!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1144532 - 03/13/09 02:09 PM Re: Texas Schools CalifDreamin
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
FlamingoGal~

This is an excellent school, but be prepared for a marathon, this is not like the one day seminars or half day webinars. You hit the ground running, but the instructors are great, they speak plain english. Don't be afraid if you're the one chosen from your group to speak. It's really not that bad... I promise... They really give you a good foundation to build on once you get back home. I went last year (and I spoke for our group). I came away from the school confident and reassured I can do this job. I really learned alot, and the reference manual provided is priceless!! I just signed up for the update school. Got to figure out what we need to do for all the changes.

Pat, Andy & Ken~
Thank you! You always do such a great job! We are all really lucky to have you to help us! Thanks!!!! grin

Return to Top
#1144579 - 03/13/09 02:49 PM Re: Texas Schools PStateBank
Zebra 15 Offline
I attended the Audit school last year and heard Pat's presentation. Not only does she present important information; she presents it in an enjoyable style. Yep, I was the guy with the dog instead of the cat (you had to be there).
Even though the Compliance offering does look like a marathon, going into the evenings on several days, I am looking forward to the experience, information, and getting to meet some of folks that I read on BOL.

Return to Top
#1144607 - 03/13/09 03:08 PM Re: Texas Schools Zebra 15
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
It is a great experience, and definately worth the money! smile

Return to Top
#1144614 - 03/13/09 03:12 PM Re: Texas Schools Zebra 15
4newt Offline
Gold Star
East Texas
These are great sources of information. I went to the 1998 Compliance School and haven't missed an Update school yet. I think Ken is right. There will be alot of us there trying to figure out our next steps on the lending side.

Great speakers and great information. If you haven't been, you don't know what you are missing!

See you in April!

Return to Top
#1154225 - 03/30/09 10:09 PM Re: Texas Schools Andy_Z
Lil'Belle Offline
100 Club
Lil'Belle
Texas, United States
I will be in Austin as well on April 7 & 8. I have gone for the past 4 or 5 years and as always... I am looking forward to being there. It really is a fun and informative bunch. Thanks for always putting things in plain english!!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z