Thread Options
#1144490 - 03/13/09 01:21 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade A_G
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: S. Tyler's Mouth
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Really, Yoss, who cares who called who what when? BOL is largely nasty poster free so how about we really try to debate issues and work hard to side step any invitations to sling mud. I really think there's tons I can learn from you and other posters if we just stick to the facts.

Shall me make a list of those who don't qualify as "largely nasty poster free?' whistle

I an think of four off the top of my head...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1144513 - 03/13/09 01:50 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade MB Guy
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
Yoss, there are, undeniably, many liberals who HATE Bush with such passion that they wish him and other members of his cabinet dead

There are probably some extremists like this, but not many. And certainly not more than the number of conservatives who feel the same way about Obama. That's my point here. You seem to only see one side.

Quote:
I have seen posts on BOL that have implied that.

I doubt this.

Quote:
I don't want Obama dead, I just don't want him to be President.

Exactly the sentiment many had about Bush who were called haters. The fact is that at one time after 9/11 Bush's approval ratings were around 90%! Obviously those people didn't hate him.

Return to Top
#1144516 - 03/13/09 01:52 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade A_G
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: S. Tyler's Mouth
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Really, Yoss, who cares who called who what when? BOL is largely nasty poster free so how about we really try to debate issues and work hard to side step any invitations to sling mud. I really think there's tons I can learn from you and other posters if we just stick to the facts.

Shall me make a list of those who don't qualify as "largely nasty poster free?' whistle

As depicted in your avatar, S. Tyler's mouth is both large and nasty.

Return to Top
#1144641 - 03/13/09 03:43 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:
Exactly the sentiment many had about Bush who were called haters. The fact is that at one time after 9/11 Bush's approval ratings were around 90%! Obviously those people didn't hate him.
Like those (including you) who denied his legitimacy as president (President-Select, Stole the Election, Voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio)? Like the large number of Democrats, including some in Congress, attempting to have him investigated for war crimes and treason?Yup. Sounds like simple philisophical disagreement with policies to me.

Return to Top
#1144782 - 03/13/09 05:02 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade TheManofSteel
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Jimi Thing
Quote:
Like those (including you) who denied his legitimacy as president (President-Select, Stole the Election, Voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio)? Like the large number of Democrats, including some in Congress, attempting to have him investigated for war crimes and treason?Yup. Sounds like simple philisophical disagreement with policies to me.

Great point, but I'll privately wager with you that Yoss will try to parse this, or as he often does when not parsing away, ignore it. But no way in hades will he acknowledge an obvious fact, he'll just disparage it and dismiss it, like he does anything presented to him that he either disagrees with or has no background on. Oh, and I'll add to your note worthy examples the wonderful support Moveon.org had for General Petraeus when they took out the add in the NY Times "GENERAL BETRAY US." Of course, it had nothung to do with his being appointed by president Bush at the time to commanding the Iraq theater, much less their actual support of toppling a heinous mass murder.[/quote]

Return to Top
#1145224 - 03/14/09 04:17 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Blade Scrapper
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
Like those (including you) who denied his legitimacy as president (President-Select, Stole the Election, Voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio)?

Well I personally never said President-select or Stole the election and I don't really see how talking about that or about voting irregularities is hating. I also don't see how those things are any more signs of hating than "Obamassiah" or "the One" of "Barack, the Magic Negro".

As far as investigating possible illegality, I don't recall conservatives being against that when they were trying to find crimes to pin on Clinton.

Return to Top
#1145231 - 03/14/09 06:37 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Yoss I don't think very may R's want Obama to fail. I for one don't but then again Im not an R. Either way, the side you represent was very vinidictive over the last 8 years so get used to the bashing. In particular, because Obama is doing a terrible job. He was given one task that he has royaly messed up. Yes the task that Clinton started.

Return to Top
#1145232 - 03/14/09 06:55 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
FYI "The One" and "The Obamessiah" (Sorry, I'm guessing "Barack, the Magic Negro" is something you made up a couple of hours ago) don't refer to the President, but the blind loyalty of the Media to him. see... A Slobbering Love Affair Starring Barack Obama

Quote:
I don't really see how talking about that or about voting irregularities is hating.
It comes pretty close when it is still talked about as gospel when it has been proven false time and time again.

Quote:
As far as investigating possible illegality, I don't recall conservatives being against that when they were trying to find crimes to pin on Clinton.

I'll concede that point
Last edited by Jimi Thing; 03/14/09 06:55 PM.

Return to Top
#1145233 - 03/14/09 07:14 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Sound Tactic
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
because Obama is doing a terrible job

Precisely what I and a lot of others said about Bush.

Quote:
He was given one task that he has royaly messed up. Yes the task that Clinton started.

Actually he has a lot more than one task. I have no idea what task you are referring to "that Clinton started".

Return to Top
#1145234 - 03/14/09 07:18 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Blade Scrapper
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
Sorry, I'm guessing "Barack, the Magic Negro" is something you made up a couple of hours ago

Seriously? You never heard of this? It was used by a Candidate for the Republican National Committee and was also on Rush Limbaugh's show. Link

Return to Top
#1145235 - 03/14/09 08:30 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Actually, the phrase was coined by David Ehrenstein, a film critic (actually, one who has written for The Advocate, so I assume he's not part of the VRWC), who wrote a piece with that title for the LA Times. Limbaugh played parody song with that line featuring "complaints" from an Al Sharpton impersonator lampooning the idea (somewhat prevelant at the time) that Barack Obama was not "black enough".

If it's an example of hate, it's from the wacko left, not conservatives. Try again.

Return to Top
#1145244 - 03/15/09 03:27 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
What difference does it make who coined it??????

It was used by a Candidate for the Republican National Committee and was also on Rush Limbaugh's show.

If someone tells a racist joke is it somehow not racist just because they were not the one that originated it? Hate is hate, even second hand.

Return to Top
#1145257 - 03/15/09 05:26 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Well, first, you're the one who used it as an example of hatred by someone on the right. I'm just telling you where to direct your complaint.

Second, the complaint should be different based on the motive. Mr. Ehrenstein (himself a black man) apparently really believed that President Obama isn't "authentically black" and would not have been electable if he was (read the article if you don't believe me). Mr. Limbaugh was making fun of that idea, which I think is about the right approach to an idea so absurd. So, again, I think most normal people who think this through (and don't just read the drive-by headline you used: "Limbaugh calls Obama racial slur") would have much more of a problem with Mr. Ehrenstein (wacko lefty) than Mr. Limbaugh.

Return to Top
#1145264 - 03/15/09 09:17 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
you're the one who used it as an example of hatred by someone on the right

Yes, and justly so. I neither know nor care about who else used the expression. It does not lessen the hatred of those that repeat it, particularly those that do so to improve their ratings or run for a party office. If they choose to use the phrase they have to live with it.

And when you say I used it as an example of hatred, you are ignoring what was actually said. Jimi Thing said that President-Select, Stole the Election, and Voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio were examples of hatred and I said they were no worse than "Obamassiah" or "the One" of "Barack, the Magic Negro". If all they have to be is more than mild things like President-Select, Stole the Election, and Voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio, that's a pretty low hill to climb.

Return to Top
#1145267 - 03/15/09 11:47 PM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
So it is hatred, but not really, because that's not what you meant. Whatever, Yoss, whatever.

You're really unbelievable. Actually, I guess I should call you hateful since you've used the term here. After all, context doesn't matter.

Return to Top
#1145269 - 03/16/09 01:01 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
Funny. The same people who referred to those that disagreed with Bush as "Bush haters" now say they don't hate Obama, they just disagree. Oh, of course. It's entirely different when the situation is reversed.

i've never called anyone a bush hater, and don't hate obama either, yet don't agree with his policies

Return to Top
#1145274 - 03/16/09 01:16 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star

It was used by a Candidate for the Republican National Committee and was also on Rush Limbaugh's show.

If someone tells a racist joke is it somehow not racist just because they were not the one that originated it? Hate is hate, even second hand.

the phrase was coined by a hating democrat, that is the point you fail to grasp............

Return to Top
#1145281 - 03/16/09 01:35 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
So it is hatred, but not really, because that's not what you meant.

Be deliberately obtuse all you want. Using the phrase "Barack the Magic Negro" stands for itself.

Return to Top
#1145282 - 03/16/09 01:40 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade HappyGilmore
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Funny. The same people who referred to those that disagreed with Bush as "Bush haters" now say they don't hate Obama, they just disagree. Oh, of course. It's entirely different when the situation is reversed.

i've never called anyone a bush hater, and don't hate obama either, yet don't agree with his policies

OK, but that comment wasn't directed at you so don't get defensive.

Return to Top
#1145283 - 03/16/09 01:46 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Pale Rider
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
What you fail to grasp if that it makes no difference who said it first!

How does being the second or third or later insulate the person who spreads it from being responsible for what they say?

Return to Top
#1145284 - 03/16/09 01:46 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I have listen to Limbaugh 20 years, and I don't think he hates anyone and is no more capable of it than say, Yoss.....

Return to Top
#1145286 - 03/16/09 01:54 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:
So it is hatred, but not really, because that's not what you meant.

Be deliberately obtuse all you want. Using the phrase "Barack the Magic Negro" stands for itself.

And yet you just used it, again. Hater.

Return to Top
#1145290 - 03/16/09 02:13 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Jokerman
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
You seem uninterested in engaging a serious conversation. OK

Return to Top
#1145291 - 03/16/09 03:32 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:
because Obama is doing a terrible job

Precisely what I and a lot of others said about Bush.

Quote:
He was given one task that he has royaly messed up. Yes the task that Clinton started.

Actually he has a lot more than one task. I have no idea what task you are referring to "that Clinton started".

Well I have tried to call you out on blaming this economic mess on Clinton but you didnt want to play on (count them) two other threads.

I too thought Bush did a, less than desirable, job. However I don't recall him messing up this bad just weeks into office. Its going to be a terrible four/ eight years. And already Barack is handling it very badly. He is making it politically acceptable to act like a thug. Right now, Im ashamed for all of us.

Return to Top
#1145292 - 03/16/09 03:34 AM Re: For those who gave Obama a failing grade Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

I'm not sure what difference it does make except you tried to blame Limbaugh but you got that wrong. You seemed to be the one pointing the fingers.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4