BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#114644 - 09/19/03 03:54 PM Re: Isabel
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
You know it's funny, i've never met any one on here face to face, but i too was worried and wondering how they were fairing... being well well inland i have no idea what that would be like... we just get tornados now and then... but i have been blessed when it comes to those.. (knocking on every piece of wood around!!!) i hope everyone is okay... check in and let us know when you can!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#114645 - 09/22/03 06:21 PM Re: Isabel
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Just wanted to check and see if everyone is ok.

Return to Top
#114646 - 09/22/03 06:53 PM Re: Isabel
Strout Offline
100 Club
A beach in the USA
I just got into my office and my computer finally working. All I have to say is WOW!!! We lost 3 trees, 1 of which skimmed the house and fell into our brand new inground pool. Around 3:00 Thursday we started losing our privacy fence and my husband saw the trees leaning towards our house so we got out. We sat in our truck next to our neighbors and watched the trees snap for 4 hours. Probably not the best place to be but it was a lot safer than in the house.

We are extremely lucky. I live inland and every other house in the neighbor had trees thru the houses. One friend of ours had 13 trees fall on his house and in his yard. Luckily we got power back Sat night but a lot of people will be without it for several weeks. Some people have lost everything, you just feel so bad.

One good thing has come out of this. You definitely find out what great neighbors you have and how great people can be during a time of crisis.

I have never been so scared in my life as watching those trees go down. I can't even imagine if the storm had been a 3 or 4 or 5. The good Lord is obviously looking out for us. Thanks everyone for thinking of us!

Return to Top
#114647 - 09/22/03 07:08 PM Re: Isabel
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
Thank you, Shelley, for the update. A definitely "not want to be there" moment. Glad you and family had little/no personal injury - it makes one sad to hear about the one's that did.

Return to Top
#114648 - 09/22/03 07:24 PM Re: Isabel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Certainly glad everyone appears to be ok.....

Return to Top
#114649 - 09/22/03 11:15 PM Re: Isabel
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
I have lived through these hurricanes in the Islands and I know the feeling - Incidently I was back on an Island in the pacific for my brother's funeral when I heard about it -Good to hear everyone is ok.

Return to Top
#114650 - 09/22/03 11:23 PM Re: Isabel
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Alien, I'm sorry to hear you were back home for a sad reason and not a vacation. Sorry to hear about your loss.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2