Thread Options
#1143917 - 03/12/09 12:59 PM Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy'
A_G Offline
10K Club
Parent group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy'

I thought the episode was hilarious! laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1143918 - 03/12/09 01:01 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' A_G
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Can't get past the firewall. Is it about the episode where he runs his own tv station?

Return to Top
#1143922 - 03/12/09 01:04 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Hrothgar Geiger
A_G Offline
10K Club
It was the new episode from this week. Here's the entire article (minnus a few embedded videos):

The Parents Television Council is filing an indecency complaint with the Federal Communications Commission against Fox's "Family Guy" for a March 8 episode that included -- and this is from the press release -- "bestiality, orgies and babies eating sperm."

Since there's nothing hotter than PTC president Tim Winter talking about graphic TV content, let's get right to his quote:

"Fox treated viewers to everything from an ‘eleven-way’ gay orgy to baby Stewie eating a bowl of cereal with horse sperm instead of milk ... if that isn’t enough, the show’s leading character is also shown fanaticizing about his wife and moaning while a horse licks his bare behind. Clearly, the explicit content was not isolated to one instance in one segment of the show; it permeated the entire program."

I know. I can't believe I missed "Family Guy" last week either.

And presumably Winter meant "fantasizing" not "fanaticizing," the latter meaning "to cause to become fanatic."

The PTC is urging its purported 1.3 million members to file FCC complaints against "Family Guy" as well. The organization has a history of taking issue with the show's content and series creator Seth MacFarlane was asked about the PTC last year:

"Oh, yeah. That’s like getting hate mail from Hitler. They’re literally terrible human beings. I’ve read their newsletter, I’ve visited their website, and they’re just rotten to the core. For an organization that prides itself on Christian values — I mean, I’m an atheist, so what do I know? — they spend their entire day hating people. They can all suck my d**k as far as I’m concerned."

The organization has targeted other shows over the years with various degrees of success. The PTC has gone after notorious content offenders such as "Nip/Tuck" ... "Las Vegas" ... the Golden Globe Awards ... "That 70s Show" ... "Father of the Pride" ... "Big Brother" ... "Without a Trace" ... "Friends" ... the Billboard Music Awards ... "The Simpsons" ... "Dexter" ... the Live 8 concert ... "Today" ... "Survivor" ... "Two and a Half Men" ... Carl's Jr.'s "Spicy BBQ Six Dollar Burger" commercial ... and "Gilmore Girls." Clearly, only the worst of the worst.

Return to Top
#1143924 - 03/12/09 01:08 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' A_G
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I think it's up on hulu to see.
I thought it was great...fwiw. smile

Return to Top
#1143926 - 03/12/09 01:09 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' QCL
A_G Offline
10K Club
I think it's one of the best/funniest shows on TV! cool

Return to Top
#1143927 - 03/12/09 01:10 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' QCL
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Why can't parents just not let their kids watch it, if they feel it is inappropriate?

I think the show is hysterical...

Return to Top
#1143935 - 03/12/09 01:21 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Retired DQ
Peepers Offline
10K Club
the sensible part of me is offended by TV like this, thankfully that part is a very small part

Return to Top
#1143937 - 03/12/09 01:22 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Retired DQ
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
No kidding right? Turn the boobtube off then... how hard is it??

I laughed very hard watching the episode! laugh

Just proves, put it into a cartoon and anything will fly!

Return to Top
#1143945 - 03/12/09 01:26 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' #Just Jay
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
maybe the time-slot is the problem. Put it on at 10 or later, and maybe there wouldn't be the same outcry. But at 8 (?) on a Sunday evening................

Return to Top
#1143956 - 03/12/09 01:31 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Peepers
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
the sensible part of me is offended by TV like this, thankfully that part is a very small part

is that the part you sent me a picture of? If so, dont be to hard on yourself, i think its about average...

Return to Top
#1143958 - 03/12/09 01:32 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Snow Bunny
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
my usual response: don't like it...don't watch it

Return to Top
#1143966 - 03/12/09 01:36 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Miscuit
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I activated the "v" chip in my TV to exclude shows that are rated "r" or have explicit sexual content. "The Family Guy" won't show on my TV - the little v chip box appears instead.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1143967 - 03/12/09 01:37 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Miscuit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
It was one of the funniest Family Guy episodes ever.

Any parent that lets thier kids watch this needs to have their head examined.

Miscuit is right-use the remote. It is easy. You don't even have to get out of the recliner....

Return to Top
#1143971 - 03/12/09 01:39 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' doobydoobydoo
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: DoobyDoobyDoo
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers

is that the part you sent me a picture of? If so, dont be to hard on yourself, i think its about average...

thanks doobs, I can hold my head high again

Return to Top
#1143972 - 03/12/09 01:39 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I don't let my young one watch it, my older one thinks it's the funniest show on TV. I've never seen it, not because I may find it offensive but because I have enough to do without sitting in front of the boobtube all night...

Return to Top
#1143973 - 03/12/09 01:39 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' TB 12
A_G Offline
10K Club
They only warn you of the content after EVERY commercial break! crazy

Return to Top
#1143982 - 03/12/09 01:43 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' A_G
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Amazingly, you make a good point, AG. They do make it clear at the beginning of the show what the rating is and why.

Return to Top
#1143985 - 03/12/09 01:48 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' TB 12
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Family Guy is like South Park - the entire premise is to be as vulgar and offensive as possible. That's what makes them so funny!

Return to Top
#1143989 - 03/12/09 01:51 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Retired DQ
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
Why can't parents just not let their kids watch it, if they feel it is inappropriate?

I agree parents should just not let their kids watch it. However, I think the show is crude, stupid, moronic, and doesn't belong on public television.

Return to Top
#1143993 - 03/12/09 01:55 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' B_F
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
It's not on public television. It is on advertiser-supported television.

Return to Top
#1143994 - 03/12/09 01:57 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
Mayor Adam West: I just bought a Rottweiler, and I need a sign to warn people how dangerous it is.

Home Supply clerk (pointing to "BEWARE OF DOG" sign): Well, we have exactly what you--

Mayor Adam West: Ah, yes, here it is: "ONE WAY." So people will know if they step into my yard, there's only one way out--in a body bag from dog injuries.

Return to Top
#1143996 - 03/12/09 02:01 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' A_G
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
"The Freakin' FCC"

laugh

Return to Top
#1144005 - 03/12/09 02:09 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' Retired DQ
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I have actually never watched the show, but I know what it is all about and I would never let me kid watch it. Heck, there are shows on Cartoon network that I don't let him watch because of the cussing. Yes, on Cartoon network even.

No matter what you do, there are always going to be shows like that on TV. It just all comes down to the parents being responsible and involved in what their kids watch. You can't tell the whole world what they should and shouldn't be watching. Take care of your household and that's it!

Return to Top
#1144007 - 03/12/09 02:09 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' B_F
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: B_F
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen

I agree parents should just not let their kids watch it. However, I think the show is crude, stupid, moronic, and doesn't belong on public television.

So you are the judge and jury on what should be on TV? I think Idol is stupid.

Return to Top
#1144015 - 03/12/09 02:15 PM Re: Group files FCC complaint against 'Family Guy' TB 12
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

yes...Idol can be very offensive!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10