Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1150252 - 03/24/09 02:42 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite BowlingQueen
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Is there some wedding that my wife will not drag me to?

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1150253 - 03/24/09 02:43 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite edAudit
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

Return to Top
#1150274 - 03/24/09 02:52 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Truffle Royale
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Get a new boyfriend!

The invite should say "plus guest" especially if you have been dating that boy for awhile. They know who you are.

Return to Top
#1150278 - 03/24/09 02:54 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite pjs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
If providing a gift, write them a check on a closed account.

Return to Top
#1150280 - 03/24/09 02:55 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Peepers
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers

laugh

Return to Top
#1150301 - 03/24/09 03:16 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite BowlingQueen
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
If the BF goes without you, have him give them batteries as a wedding gift. In the card put, "I bought the batteries and my GF bought the gift, since she wasn't invited, the better half of the gift stayed with my better half". whistle

Return to Top
#1150305 - 03/24/09 03:18 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Peepers
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX

or if writing a check, include a little note that says for "groom only" grin

Return to Top
#1150309 - 03/24/09 03:21 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Miscuit
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Originally Posted By: Miscuit

or if writing a check, include a little note that says for "groom only" grin

I suppose payable upon divorce wouldn't be appropriate. smirk

Return to Top
#1150314 - 03/24/09 03:24 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite BotV#6
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

Return to Top
#1150315 - 03/24/09 03:24 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Miscuit
if she were marry'n a "suga daddy" ...this wouldn't be an issue

smirk

and how would you know this???

Return to Top
#1150334 - 03/24/09 03:35 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Truffle Royale
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
BQ, send your BF to this event then call up some of your girl friends and go see strippers. You'll have much more fun, the BF can visit with family and you'll both have a great night.

Return to Top
#1150335 - 03/24/09 03:36 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Bacon Boy
A_G Offline
10K Club
Wait a second.

BQ is taking BF, as in BF from BOL???? eek

It's a BOL scandal in the making.

Return to Top
#1150339 - 03/24/09 03:38 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite A_G
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
peej, I think you need to catch the short bus. Seriously.

wink

Return to Top
#1150342 - 03/24/09 03:40 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Bacon Boy
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

Return to Top
#1150350 - 03/24/09 03:43 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Bacon Boy
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Our son was in a wedding a few years ago that was the same. No guests unless it was a spouse or fiance. The location was very small, AND very expensive and the bride's family could not afford more, plus the site would not hold more and that was where the bride wanted it. It caused lots of problems for two of the people in the wedding, and has caused bad feelings since.

That said - it is up to the bride and groom to invite whoever they choose. If you and the BF have been dating for quite some time, I say you should be invited, but I'm not the bride.

Make the best of BQ and go out and have some fun.

Return to Top
#1150358 - 03/24/09 03:52 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Snow Bunny
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
I wouldn't say my pride is hurt necessarily either, but personally if I were to invite certain people to my wedding I would at least allow them to bring a guest (maybe just not all 8 of their kids. )

well, if you guys have 8 kids, isn't it time to go ahead and get hitched? crazy

Return to Top
#1150420 - 03/24/09 04:35 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Bacon Boy
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
peej, I think you need to catch the short bus. Seriously.

wink

that's not me! eek

Return to Top
#1150423 - 03/24/09 04:38 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite pjs
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
of course it's not, dear....

Return to Top
#1150428 - 03/24/09 04:41 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite kitten
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
::sniff, sniff::

what's that I smell - p j s???????

Return to Top
#1150430 - 03/24/09 04:43 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Snow Bunny
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Now I'm thinking bridezilla for some reason.

Return to Top
#1150440 - 03/24/09 04:51 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite B_F
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: B_F
30 miles is far away?

That's what I was thinking! Since when is a half-hour drive considered "away?"

As for the comments about him only seeing these people once a year, so what? A lot of people use weddings as a means of getting family. It's an excuse for a unofficial reunion. It makes perfect sense for him to have a need to go so that he can get his yearly dose of family time and catch up with the cousins.

And you have to go by how the invitation was addressed. If it doesn't say "& Guest," then you were never invited. You may see it as YOU were nto invited, btu think of all the other "yous" who were also nto invited...that equates to a lot of extra guests who won't attend and a big cut on cost.

And perhaps hsi mom is tellign him because the bride and her famiyl have plenty of other thigns on their mind or maybe feel uncomfortabel having to tell your BF that he invited you without permission. His mom may just be passing the word along to avoid uncomfortable confrontation.

I don't know what you and your boyfriend's situation is, but perhaps the "family" doesn't see you as serious yet. I received invitations to two of my cousins weddings and neither one said "& guest" even though I was dating someone both times. So, both times I asked the bride (or family) if I coudl bring a date. Both times they said I could. I dumped the first date a month after we attended the wedding...coudl haev done without him meeting all the family. And a year later, I'm still with the second date.

So, what I'm saying is, don't be upset! The family has an idea of who they want at the wedding (clearly they want to keep it very family oriented).

And, be a goof GF and encourage your BF to attend and catch up with his family--perhaps he can spread the word about his GF who did not attend (slip a photo of you in his wallet so he can show you off).

Return to Top
#1150449 - 03/24/09 05:01 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Dip
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I agree. After having helped my son and now daughter-in-law put on their wedding on a small budget, we had to be careful. Numbers had to be turned in to a caterer and invitations were sent out accordingly. If everyone would have wanted to bring a guest we couldn't have handled them and still had the friends and family that we invited. We had a limit as to the number of people that could be accommodated at the venue.

Also, we recently received an invitation to a reception where the bride and groom had been married out of state. My daughter was going to be home for the weekend, so before I turned in the RSVP I called and asked if it was ok for her to come also.

Return to Top
#1150459 - 03/24/09 05:12 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite HappyGilmore
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore
Quote:
I wouldn't say my pride is hurt necessarily either, but personally if I were to invite certain people to my wedding I would at least allow them to bring a guest (maybe just not all 8 of their kids. )

well, if you guys have 8 kids, isn't it time to go ahead and get hitched? crazy

We don't have any children together. That was my attempt at an "Octomom" joke. Sorry! wink

Return to Top
#1150477 - 03/24/09 05:32 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite Dip
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Dip
Originally Posted By: B_F
30 miles is far away?

That's what I was thinking! Since when is a half-hour drive considered "away?"

As for the comments about him only seeing these people once a year, so what? A lot of people use weddings as a means of getting family. It's an excuse for a unofficial reunion. It makes perfect sense for him to have a need to go so that he can get his yearly dose of family time and catch up with the cousins.

And you have to go by how the invitation was addressed. If it doesn't say "& Guest," then you were never invited. You may see it as YOU were nto invited, btu think of all the other "yous" who were also nto invited...that equates to a lot of extra guests who won't attend and a big cut on cost.

And perhaps hsi mom is tellign him because the bride and her famiyl have plenty of other thigns on their mind or maybe feel uncomfortabel having to tell your BF that he invited you without permission. His mom may just be passing the word along to avoid uncomfortable confrontation.

I don't know what you and your boyfriend's situation is, but perhaps the "family" doesn't see you as serious yet. I received invitations to two of my cousins weddings and neither one said "& guest" even though I was dating someone both times. So, both times I asked the bride (or family) if I coudl bring a date. Both times they said I could. I dumped the first date a month after we attended the wedding...coudl haev done without him meeting all the family. And a year later, I'm still with the second date.

So, what I'm saying is, don't be upset! The family has an idea of who they want at the wedding (clearly they want to keep it very family oriented).

And, be a goof GF and encourage your BF to attend and catch up with his family--perhaps he can spread the word about his GF who did not attend (slip a photo of you in his wallet so he can show you off).

I thank all of you for your honest answers and opinions. Your responses are the exact reason I posted this in the first place and I have definitely taken them to heart......because I don't WANT to be the unreasonable girlfriend who is gonna make a big deal about it, lay on guilt trips and pout and all that garbage. eek This was just a new experience for me. BTW, we have only been dating for 6 months and don't live together yet. There have been other family gatherings that I have attended (Christmas party, birthday parties & such).

Until recently, I was married for 17 years and when we were invited to weddings and such, we always attended together (unless there were other circumstances why one of us could not due to other plans, etc.). To my knowledge, it was never implied that one or the other was not invited. Prior to my marriage, I have to say the weddings I was invited to (I guess) were always "& guest" and, unless I was single at the time, I always had a date to accompany me.

Also, I honestly don't think 30 minutes is far. HE is actually the one that brought that up as an issue the day the invite came in the mail. wink

Return to Top
#1161165 - 04/09/09 09:48 PM Re: Wedding (dis)invite BowlingQueen
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Ha! I just had to share, I was disinvited to a wedding today. A good friend of my bf is getting married, so for months we've been planning to go. It's a couple hours away in LA so we were going to make a weekend of it and rent a hotel room. His friend just told him today that I am not invited. Oops! And the wedding is only three weeks away. Oh well, at least I didn't get a new dress yet! Also won't have to meet my bf's ex-gf (he's only ever "been" with one other person, so I wasn't super excited about seeing who she is).

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4