Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1151060 - 03/25/09 03:47 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Miscuit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, I think that Ebony is our press, maybe not press you read, but it is our press anyway. Teen Beat? Did he really take a question from them? With the age of internet, does it really matter who he takes questions from? Everyone will report regardless. (psst...did you ever stop to think that if he had the questions in advance that he took the ones that were easy and the hard ones were from "your press" and he didn't take those?)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1151062 - 03/25/09 03:48 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration HappyGilmore
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
^^^^ not dense

(except when he disagrees with me) smirk

Return to Top
#1151065 - 03/25/09 03:50 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
^^^^^not clear

Return to Top
#1151068 - 03/25/09 03:52 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration HappyGilmore
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore
well, I think that Ebony is our press, maybe not press you read, but it is our press anyway. Teen Beat? Did he really take a question from them? With the age of internet, does it really matter who he takes questions from? Everyone will report regardless. (psst...did you ever stop to think that if he had the questions in advance that he took the ones that were easy and the hard ones were from "your press" and he didn't take those?)

Ebony is 'our' press and is not foreign. BF just included it because it's press targeted towards African Americans.

I highly doubt BO took questions from Teen Beat (althought I can't say for certain). BF was just trying to mitigate his racism from his post regarding Ebony. smirk That I can say for certain.

But I'm sure that I'm taking this all out of context. crazy

Return to Top
#1151072 - 03/25/09 03:54 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Miscuit
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
My husband said he would start to answer a question, never finish the question, and then change the subject to the talking point he wanted to make.

If he keeps ignoring major media, they are going to get just a wee bit pisssed at him I would think. We'll see what happens.

Return to Top
#1151076 - 03/25/09 03:59 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration A_G
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: p j s

Ebony is 'our' press and is not foreign. BF just included it because it's press targeted towards African Americans.

I highly doubt BO took questions from Teen Beat (althought I can't say for certain). BF was just trying to mitigate his racism from his post regarding Ebony. smirk That I can say for certain.

Not wanting to speak for BF, but I am assuming that he means that Ebony is not one of the 'usual' media outlets that past presidents have responded to. I can understand BO responding to a Black media outlet; it makes sense, and although I don't know anything about the magazine, my perception is that it is more entertainment focused, but I'm most likely wrong. I still would think that he would reply to a Black media outlet that is more news focused.

Return to Top
#1151077 - 03/25/09 03:59 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Retired DQ
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: pj-s
Click to reveal..

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1151078 - 03/25/09 04:00 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration A_G
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club

Enough already. BF said he didn't take questions from OUR press. He's already stated he meant the news media on that. He said, and I quote, he did take questions from the foreign press and Ebony. He didn't say Ebony was foreign press. He did imply and later expand on the fact that he doesn't consider Ebony part of the US press. Seriously, do YOU? He made no racial slurs so stop trying to stir something up, ok? There's enough in BO's appearance last night to discuss without this sidebar.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Return to Top
#1151082 - 03/25/09 04:03 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Truffle Royale
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Ladies, ladies.... the B_F speak for himself.

It is much more amusing smirk

Return to Top
#1151087 - 03/25/09 04:05 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Truffle Royale
A_G Offline
10K Club
I'm not stirring anything. You're taking things out of context, TR. smile

But given his track record of prior postings regarding race, well those speak for themselves, and I bet (and I'm a betting man) the example of Ebony was intentional. jmo.

And yes, I do consider Ebony part of the US press, as is The WSJ, Rolling Stone, MTV news, and any other US based press. It's certainly not foreign press.

Return to Top
#1151089 - 03/25/09 04:08 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration A_G
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
donde esta el periodico?

Return to Top
#1151091 - 03/25/09 04:08 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Miscuit
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
En el bano, srta.

Return to Top
#1151092 - 03/25/09 04:09 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Miscuit
A_G Offline
10K Club
por researcho?

Return to Top
#1151094 - 03/25/09 04:10 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration A_G
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Que pasa?

Return to Top
#1151107 - 03/25/09 04:25 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Mrs. Rizzo
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
confused

frown

cry

Return to Top
#1151111 - 03/25/09 04:27 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Snow Bunny
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I thought his last question was from Faux news?

Return to Top
#1151119 - 03/25/09 04:37 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Retired DQ
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It was the question from CNN that defined the whole evening!

Return to Top
#1151127 - 03/25/09 04:45 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
And that was???????????

Return to Top
#1151130 - 03/25/09 04:46 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Snow Bunny
A_G Offline
10K Club
The difining moment of the whole evening. crazy Sheesh, keep up!

Return to Top
#1151147 - 03/25/09 05:02 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration A_G
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

No, your being an ignorant fool. My post regarding Ebony has nothing to do with racism. You're the one trying to make it racist. My post is about not allowing the New York Times to ask a question, i.e. the mainstream media, but yet he's going to monthly periodicals and foreign press instead.

Return to Top
#1151172 - 03/25/09 05:22 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration RR Becca
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: Tigg
Shhhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet.......he's hunting werewolves with silver bullets.......

(Sorry, I couldn't resist - it was such a cr@ppy analogy. smile )

But he can't go hunting - gun ownership and pursuit of live animals using said guns are strictly right-wing activities. wink

Another reason it was a cr@ppy analogy! laugh

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1151173 - 03/25/09 05:24 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Tigg
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
::pats the poor horse on the neck::

Return to Top
#1151177 - 03/25/09 05:28 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Retired DQ
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
I thought we were talking about werewolves? confused
Last edited by Tigg; 03/25/09 05:28 PM.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1151197 - 03/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration Tigg
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Do you think he'll have a "win a date with Obama" contest and be on the cover of Teen Beat, much like John Candy's character in Stipes was on the cover of Tiger Beat with the same win a date contest? That would be awesome!

Return to Top
#1151202 - 03/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I doubt it, since Michelle O is fighting rumors that she's prego.....

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4