Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Thread Options
#1122792 - 02/04/09 06:03 PM Re: twilight Angel Eyes
joyfulone Offline
CA
Angel Eyes - I wholeheartedly agree with you. I can't tell you how many times I have read the Outlander Series. Great Books.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1122804 - 02/04/09 06:13 PM Re: twilight Queen Mum
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Originally Posted By: ~Special K~
<---- wishes she would've gone into more detail too!!

guess that's the smut lover in me! ha

If you like good smut...er...romance novels try Julie Garwood. I love her books - especially the ones written back in the Scottish Highlander days. You can just see the beautiful lady and the big warrior that looks like Fabio but is sooo tender and loving.

And if you like Scottish romance (smut) novels with a paranormal twist, try Karen Marie Moning's "Highland" series. They involve time travel, fae, etc. in additional to pants-meltingly hot men in kilts.

Return to Top
#1122812 - 02/04/09 06:22 PM Re: twilight Angel Eyes
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: Angel Eyes
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
especially the ones written back in the Scottish Highlander days. You can just see the beautiful lady and the big warrior that looks like Fabio but is sooo tender and loving.

Queen MUM, If you like romance and the Scottish Highlander days you have to read the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. Nothing graphic but enough to melt you! blush

I will look for some. Have you tried any of Garwood's books??? Really good.

Return to Top
#1122863 - 02/04/09 06:59 PM Re: twilight Queen Mum
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Romance novels make me sick yuck!! I can't stand them!!!

Wait---did you say hot men in kilts?!?!?!?

<<<<<----considering buying her first romance novel
Last edited by Boatn Shasta; 02/04/09 07:00 PM. Reason: Due to my red hot typing skills

Return to Top
#1122912 - 02/04/09 07:32 PM Re: twilight bOaty
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
QM, I love all of Julie Garwoods books, she has great character developement, you just fall in love with them, i just wish she could write more than one a year!!!

Return to Top
#1122958 - 02/04/09 08:04 PM Re: twilight kms
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I also like how she uses the same characters and families. I think I only have 3 left to read (including the new one just released) and I will have all her books. I like the new ones with the Clayborne family - which goes back to the Rose Trilogy. Hallmark Hall of Fame made a movie on the first book about the Claybornes but I missed it and have never run across it again.

Return to Top
#1122999 - 02/04/09 08:23 PM Re: twilight Queen Mum
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I didnt see it either, and I have been trying to make myself wait on the new book, but i think i am going to break down and get it tomorrow.

Return to Top
#1128446 - 02/12/09 03:17 AM Re: twilight kms
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
All right all you Twilight junkies. I need your honest opinion. This is the costume I designed and made for my grangirl. She's swiming in her first synchronized swim meet this weekend. Her duet is to music from Twilight including Super Massive Black Hole. Her headpiece will be the the red material over her bun with the white swirls all around their heads. Do you get Twilight just looking at the costume? Thanks for the input.

Return to Top
#1128497 - 02/12/09 01:35 PM Re: twilight Truffle Royale
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
Nice job! You used the signature "hand holding apple", so yes, I get twilight.

Return to Top
#1128554 - 02/12/09 02:23 PM Re: twilight DEL
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
del where have u been?

Return to Top
#1128555 - 02/12/09 02:25 PM Re: twilight *nUnZeO*
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
TR it looks good, I like the blood droplets

Return to Top
#1128722 - 02/12/09 04:20 PM Re: twilight *nUnZeO*
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
Originally Posted By: *nUnZeO*
del where have u been?

I'm almost always here - I just lurk alot. cool

Return to Top
#1128943 - 02/12/09 06:53 PM Re: twilight DEL
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I want another book!!!!!!!!!! I miss the Cullen's!!!

Return to Top
#1132679 - 02/19/09 07:14 PM Re: twilight Mrs. Rizzo
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML

Return to Top
#1153946 - 03/30/09 06:35 PM Re: twilight RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
For all that is good and holy keep this Kisten to yourself! Well, at least until after the holidays anyway! wink

LOL! Don't worry, Sarah - Kisten is neither good nor holy. blush

For those Twilighters who would like to read a raunchier urban fantasy series featuring one extremely hot (in an Angel-tortured-bad-guy-with-a-good-heart kind of way) male vamp lead role, check out Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan (the Hollows) series. *WARNING* these books are neither clean nor YA safe.

Alright...four books in and I am getting no sleep! I have the last two sitting on my counter at home and will probably just read them this week so I can stop obsessing!!! blush tired

Return to Top
#1153971 - 03/30/09 06:47 PM Re: twilight RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
*snort*

points at RR Sarah "Ha, ha!"

::blows raspberry::

Return to Top
#1153983 - 03/30/09 06:56 PM Re: twilight RR Sarah
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
I have lurked on this thread for quite some time and when you mentioned Kisten and Rachel, I just had to agree! I have read all of the Kim Harrison books (Rachel Morgan series) and I must say that of all the books I have read of the supernatural genre, they are by far my favorite! Not a lot of romance, but just enough to keep things interesting.

I just recently found out about a newer author, Mark Henry, who writes about zombie humor and for any of you with a slightly twisted sense of humor and a strong(er) stomach, they're a pretty fun read. By stronger, I mean they are not full of gore, but they are zombies he is writing about after all so he has to throw some of that in there.

I see that many posters on this thread love the dark romance story of Edward and Bella, so if that is what you prefer, then I really wouldn't recommend the Mark Henry books to you. But for those people that are looking for life after the Cullens, I just thought I would offer another suggestion. BTW, these are not for underage readers!

Return to Top
#1154015 - 03/30/09 07:24 PM Re: twilight Miss Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
MB - how strong a stomach, exactly? Are they more horror or are they just dark? I read a *lot* of supernatural fiction, but don't care for horror. If they're more along the lines of the Anita Blake (Laurell K Hamilton) or Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher) books, I might have to give them a try.

Return to Top
#1154025 - 03/30/09 07:32 PM Re: twilight RR Becca
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
They are not horror at all. Think S*x and the City but with supernatural characters. Lattes, high fashion, designer stilettos, and a zombie (Amanda, the main character) that is afraid of monsters. You'd swear the writer was a woman! For the record, I did not like S*x and the City, but I love these books. He has two out. Happy Hour of the Damned and Road Trip of the Living Dead.

Return to Top
#1154031 - 03/30/09 07:38 PM Re: twilight Miss Banker
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
Oh sorry, the stomach part. When the girls do eat, which is not really often (maybe twice or so in the whole book), he does explain it, but again, he explains it with humor so that you forget that the act itself is really supposed to be disgusting and gory. And it is always a very short piece of the chapter. It sounds weird, but I hope that makes sense.

I don't post often and I hate to come off sounding like a total goof!

Return to Top
#1154054 - 03/30/09 08:07 PM Re: twilight Miss Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
LOL! No, that's fine - I'll have to remember to check those out. Next on my reading list are the Chris Moore (not sure I got that quite right) books. First up are "You Suck! (A Love Story)" and "Odd Jobs." The first one is about vampires and the second one is the story of Death's child as a baby. They're supposed to be very dark and absolutely hilarious.

Return to Top
#1154071 - 03/30/09 08:20 PM Re: twilight RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
The strangest thing on the Rachel Morgan series...the two bookstores that I bought them from had them in the romance section!

Return to Top
#1154105 - 03/30/09 08:58 PM Re: twilight RR Sarah
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
I am always looking for new books. I will definitely check out the Christopher Moore books. Thanks!

RR Sarah, I can't believe how many of these types of books are filed in the romance section. Thank goodness they aren't or I would be out things to read! I try to avoid straight romances at all costs. Although I loved them, Bella and Edward are as 'Romeo and Juliet' as I get!

Return to Top
#1154435 - 03/31/09 02:01 PM Re: twilight RR Sarah
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
For all that is good and holy keep this Kisten to yourself! Well, at least until after the holidays anyway! wink

LOL! Don't worry, Sarah - Kisten is neither good nor holy. blush

For those Twilighters who would like to read a raunchier urban fantasy series featuring one extremely hot (in an Angel-tortured-bad-guy-with-a-good-heart kind of way) male vamp lead role, check out Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan (the Hollows) series. *WARNING* these books are neither clean nor YA safe.

Alright...four books in and I am getting no sleep! I have the last two sitting on my counter at home and will probably just read them this week so I can stop obsessing!!! blush tired

ROTFLMAO

I think I'm going to have to re-read these after I finish my re-read of the Stephanie Plum series. Ranger, Morelli, Kisten. Yeah, that works.

Return to Top
#1154440 - 03/31/09 02:05 PM Re: twilight RR Jen
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OK, but after that you have to promise to try the Jeaniene Frost "Night Huntress" series. OMG!

Return to Top
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23