Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42
Thread Options
#1136350 - 02/26/09 02:49 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I like the tat. I missed the first 4 or so singers last night. I don't know names.. I was distracted. I dig both redheads, babydoll/tat girl (although I don't think it's on her vocals.. call me twisted, but I like the odd mixture, maybe because I'm kind of strange?), and the last guy.

I'd like to see more of Norman.. just not on American Idol. I love the guy, but I'm with y'all.. he doesn't need to take a spot in the top 12.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1136352 - 02/26/09 02:50 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
And I have to ask.. what the heck songs are these people pickin? They have such a broad selection & they pick such random songs.

Return to Top
#1136355 - 02/26/09 02:53 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I was watching Lost and only saw portions, but that last guy with the wig and screaming, that does not appeal to my generation..

Return to Top
#1136360 - 02/26/09 03:04 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
You just get mad that ya have to turn your hearing aids down. wink

Return to Top
#1136363 - 02/26/09 03:05 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I was watching Lost and only saw portions, but that last guy with the wig and screaming, that does not appeal to my generation..

Yeah, my dad didn't care for him either. He prefers Big Joe's Polka Hour on RFD-TV grin

Return to Top
#1136365 - 02/26/09 03:06 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I agree, the song choices were really bad. The only one I liked was the red head. She just needs a personality, like Simon said.

Return to Top
#1136374 - 02/26/09 03:09 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
While there was only one performance that I would call "great" (and that was Adam Lambert), I didn't think most of the rest of them were quite as terrible as the judges did last night.

I was disappointed with Matt Giraud because I really liked what I had heard from him previously. I was also hoping for more from Matt Breitzke. If Megan Corkrey makes it through, I may have to just close my eyes when she sings. All her "dance moves" were totally ridiculous to me.

I liked both Kai and Mishavonna much more than the judges did.

Hard to say who will make it through. Surely Adam will, but beyond that nothing would surprise me, including Nick Mitchell.

Return to Top
#1136376 - 02/26/09 03:10 PM Re: American Idol Bones
buggs Offline
Power Poster
All I can say is that American Idol sure seems boring this year for some reason even though the contestents seem to be more talented overall than last year or the year before. (Except, of course, for Chris Daughtry - I had to add that for kms.)

Return to Top
#1136396 - 02/26/09 03:21 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I think the one I was most disappointed with was Kai.. I just thought he was a big cheeseball last night.

I liked Mishavonna, too, but I'm a sucker for Drops of Jupiter.

Return to Top
#1136443 - 02/26/09 03:48 PM Re: American Idol Ops
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
By the way, I have no issue with the tattoo. I just recognize that in the past tattoos on women have hurt them in voting.

Return to Top
#1136467 - 02/26/09 04:06 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
I liked that adam kid, kinda, i dont watch idol, but when i was flipping channels he caught my attention, so thats more than i could say for the others. =]

Return to Top
#1136539 - 02/26/09 04:43 PM Re: American Idol buggs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Thanks for thinking of me bugs and bringing up that stupid choice of america wink

Return to Top
#1137014 - 02/26/09 11:21 PM Re: American Idol kms
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: kms
Thanks for thinking of me bugs and bringing up that stupid choice of america wink

You bet'cha!

Return to Top
#1137048 - 02/27/09 01:59 AM Re: American Idol buggs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Well, I picked 2 of 3 again, and I really wish I'd only gotten the one right that I missed. Megan was so unique! Wildcard material? Tough call, with only 3 wildcard slots and so many good people last week!

Return to Top
#1137088 - 02/27/09 03:02 AM Re: American Idol B_F
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Tonight's show was an even bigger joke than before. Sooooooo boring. And I've about had it with the Kara and Simon jousting act. Simon was acting like a fool tonight. I think he's bored to tears with the show and I bet he wishes this could be his last season, but he's hooked to the AI fame and fortune, just like a junkie is hooked to his smack.

Return to Top
#1137099 - 02/27/09 03:27 AM Re: American Idol buggs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I was happy to see Brooke White again.

Return to Top
#1137241 - 02/27/09 03:06 PM Re: American Idol B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I was really hoping I'd be more impressed with her song.
It was catchy, but really dated (not in a good way)...

I agree also with two of the three last night.
I thought that Megan Corkery, Matt Giraud, or Jesse Langseth would've been a better choice for the third slot than the Chris 'Man in a Mirror' guy. Hopefully 1, 2, or 3 or them will make the wildcard show...

Return to Top
#1137243 - 02/27/09 03:11 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
And I've about had it with the Kara and Simon jousting act. Simon was acting like a fool tonight. I think he's bored to tears with the show and I bet he wishes this could be his last season, but he's hooked to the AI fame and fortune, just like a junkie is hooked to his smack.

I agree with the bickering between them, but I have to agree with Simon that sometimes their answers (meaning Paula & Kara) are long, drawn out and just annoying. Of course, Paula's are drawn out because she just babbles and stumbles over her words. Just say what you gotta say and let the contestants have the limelight.

Return to Top
#1137247 - 02/27/09 03:15 PM Re: American Idol Bones
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I have actually liked the addition of Kara... I think she has strong opinions, and is not afraid to say, look, honey, you stunk.

It seems to me as well that even Randy is also more honest and to the point this year.

I would be ok if the Paula love train choo-chooed right outta town...

Return to Top
#1137260 - 02/27/09 03:24 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Just Jay

People all over the world
Join hands
Start a love train, love train
People all over the world
Join hands
Start a love train, love train

The next stop that we make will be love
Tell all the folks in Russia, and China, too
Don't you know that it's time to get on board
And let this train keep on riding, riding on through

Return to Top
#1137362 - 02/27/09 04:31 PM Re: American Idol #Just Jay
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
I have actually liked the addition of Kara... I think she has strong opinions, and is not afraid to say, look, honey, you stunk.

It seems to me as well that even Randy is also more honest and to the point this year.

I agree, JJ. I like hearing her opinions even if they are bit long-winded. I just find Simon rude for trying to interrupt her all the time. At least she is honest but not trying to feed their egos like Paula does. However, I am finding that Paula has been a little more honest sometimes this year than in past years. She has actually told people that they didn't perform well instead of sugar coating her critiques.

I agreed with the three that were chosen based on their performances. Were they the three that should have made it? Probably not based on the performances from the beginning. Unfortunately too many picked horrible songs. What was Matt thinking singing Viva la Vida? BAAAAAAADDDDD choice for him.

What I would like to know is why the contestants don't have more help choosing their songs? It would seem to me that if they actually received some guidance in selecting they wouldn't have so many issues. After all, a professional music artist receives all sorts of input from their managers, their labels, etc. They don't actually get to pick all the songs they wish to sing. I think some guidance would help with these newbies.

Return to Top
#1137375 - 02/27/09 04:37 PM Re: American Idol Mocha's Mom
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I vote to keep Kara and give Paula the boot.

2 out of three, good. Was definitely surprised about Mirror Guy. frown

Return to Top
#1137383 - 02/27/09 04:41 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I read this morning on MSN.com that Paula is stating that the addition of a 4th judge was a mistake, it now takes too long to get through the judges' critiques and slows down the show. Maybe now instead of bickering with Simon, Kara will start bickering with Paula!

Return to Top
#1137392 - 02/27/09 04:45 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
I read this morning on MSN.com that Paula is stating that the addition of a 4th judge was a mistake, it now takes too long to get through the judges' critiques and slows down the show. Maybe now instead of bickering with Simon, Kara will start bickering with Paula!

Paula is right. It does take too long to get through the judges' critiques now, and slows down the show. What she didn't say is that they should have cut her from the show and added Kara.

Return to Top
#1137402 - 02/27/09 04:50 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
BF, no argument here! I think Kara's critiques are certainly more useful and "on point" than Paula's could ever hope to be!

Return to Top
Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42