Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1156805 - 04/02/09 07:12 PM discontinuing public funds CD's -requirements?
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Due to the increase in assessments we are having to pay ... we have decided to discontinue offering Public funds accounts going forward..
I have been asked , what if we want to terminate those we have that are still mid-term... What type of notification must we provide and how much notice.. Since these are not TISA accounts and are not consumer accounts.. what other regulation requirements might we have to consider..Thank you for your help!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1156885 - 04/02/09 08:34 PM Re: discontinuing public funds CD's -requirements? Chocaholic
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You cannot term a CD mid-term - you would be in breach of contract unless you included a call feature in your contracts.

Return to Top
#1156957 - 04/02/09 09:19 PM Re: discontinuing public funds CD's -requirements? rlcarey
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Thank you... that was the direction I was going as well, but I am getting feedback from CEO... other banks in our market area are doing it so why can't we?..
I don't know what additional language they have on their CD's.. so maybe that is all their is to it!

Return to Top
#1157054 - 04/03/09 02:31 AM Re: discontinuing public funds CD's -requirements? Chocaholic
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
are you sure your CEO wanted to terminate CDs, and not other kinds of accounts? even with those, though, you probably may have submitted a bid.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett