BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1156974 - 04/02/09 09:41 PM Sign - employee speaks Spanish
CalifDreamin Online
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Do you know of any compliance/regulatory reason that a branch could not have a sign posted on the door that states we have an employee in the branch who speaks Spanish?
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1157271 - 04/03/09 03:43 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish CalifDreamin
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
none that I know of ......

Return to Top
#1157319 - 04/03/09 04:25 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish Pale Rider
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Me either...

Return to Top
#1157636 - 04/03/09 07:57 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish rlcarey
CalifDreamin Online
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
THANK YOU!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1157906 - 04/04/09 02:47 AM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish CalifDreamin
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Unless that employee isn't there. So long as there is someone, the sign is fine. Otherwise you run the risk of a bait and switch.

My point is that if there is one, and that person isn't there, don't try half English and half Spanish. Say when that person will be there to conduct an entire discussion in Spanish.

WHat you don't want is to provide all the features of an account in Spanish, and the costs in English.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1158079 - 04/06/09 01:43 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish Andy_Z
CalifDreamin Online
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Well, Andy, you bring up a good point, which really was one of my concerns, but opposite of what you are saying. Some of our locations have a Spanish speaking employee; however, NONE of our documentation is in Spanish nor do they plan on putting any of it in Spanish. Our Spanish-speaking customers do really appreciate having Spanish-speaking employees available to help them, though.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1159821 - 04/08/09 03:49 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish CalifDreamin
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Bait and switch seems a stretch... do you have an examples of such a practice resulting in a bait/switch allegation before? Worrying about this seems OVERLY proactive. I like Pale's/Randy's answer - no problem.

A small rant here, please take no offense - when compliance people make mountains out of ant hills (no moles around here), it further alienates them from the rest of the bank. Just say "Do It!" and focus on actual problems. Otherwise, you will rightfully get the label of a being a whiny, counterproductive, pain-in-the-a$$ that foretells gloom and doom at every step. That doesn't help anyone. :rant finished:

Return to Top
#1160197 - 04/08/09 08:16 PM Re: Sign - employee speaks Spanish Milby
duplextx Offline
100 Club
duplextx
Dallas, TX
You need to think like a crook to catch a crook. You need to think like an examiner to not get caught by an examiner. Over the years, it has been these little things that have gone unnoticed for eons, when all of a sudden, they are now big things and are the latest "hot topic". I don't blame anyone in compliance for trying to think ahead of the game, trying to find loopholes or other potential gotchas. When all is said and done, you determine the risk and go with it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z