Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
Thread Options
#1158484 - 04/06/09 07:21 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake doobydoobydoo
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Foxworthy:

If you've ever had to finance a tatoo, you might be a redneck...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1158486 - 04/06/09 07:22 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
behind ur ear feels gooood smile

Return to Top
#1158488 - 04/06/09 07:22 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Pale Rider
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Mine's smack in between my shoulder blades...the only part that hurt like all heck was over the spine. I don't think the shoulder blade would be bad at all...

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1158489 - 04/06/09 07:23 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
I am getting a new one on my foot on Friday..... super excited!!!!
Last edited by tex.gal; 04/06/09 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Return to Top
#1158490 - 04/06/09 07:23 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake *nUnZeO*
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
is that sarcasm?! because i'm getting a set behind my ears sometime in the future...

Return to Top
#1158494 - 04/06/09 07:27 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake A_G
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
I've thought about getting a tattoo since i have 18, but I've never been able to settle on a design that I thought I'd like forever...So I am still tattoo-less.

I think they're cool though.

Return to Top
#1158497 - 04/06/09 07:29 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake FBH
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
i usually get things that reflect who i am, or in regards to family members...

Return to Top
#1158499 - 04/06/09 07:31 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake FBH
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
does have = was FHB?

Return to Top
#1158522 - 04/06/09 07:46 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Pale Rider
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
like my first tattoo was a heart with two butterflies ...(and girls, if you are getting a first don't go with a butterfly, you may think it's unique but just about every female with a tattoo has a butterfly, it's almost like law), but it signifies my grandfather who died and my mother who had/has heart problems.

Return to Top
#1158531 - 04/06/09 07:49 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Originally Posted By: Spooky♥
is that sarcasm?! because i'm getting a set behind my ears sometime in the future...

uuum are you talking to me?

Return to Top
#1158542 - 04/06/09 07:55 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake *nUnZeO*
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
yes that was directed towards you, sorry...

Return to Top
#1158549 - 04/06/09 08:00 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
One of the neatest I've heard of was a guy who had each of his baby's first echo?cardiogram lines done on his arm.

The only one I have right now is of fire and ice...which signifies me...it's not a 'pretty' tattoo, but it has meaning...to me.

Return to Top
#1158554 - 04/06/09 08:02 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake RR Joker
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
I want the quote "love is not when you feel only pain" tattooed on my head, like behind my ears, but along the hair line to be exact. However as of this point, it's still iffy. But to count how many i want, it's at least 13 more. laugh

Return to Top
#1158567 - 04/06/09 08:09 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake RR Becca
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
What's the best non-obvious spot to put one for someone who really, really, really doesn't like pain?

how about on your hip? or your shoulder... neither of those hurt me at all, it was more annoying than anything...

I've thought about shoulder blade, but wasn't sure since there's not much meat there. Hip? I just can't really see me dropped my pants in a room full of strangers. For a couple of hours. blush I'm not terribly modest, but that's a bit much even for me. Besides...a good friend (who does have tats) told me to make sure and never put one anywhere that will stretch with weight gain. Pregnancy did *NO* favors for the wreath around her belly button.

I too can speak for that. The flower and Greek letters near my belly button will never be the same.

Oh well they pale in comparison to the massive transplant scar smile

Return to Top
#1158577 - 04/06/09 08:13 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I want the quote "love is not when you feel only pain" tattooed on my head, like behind my ears, but along the hair line to be exact. However as of this point, it's still iffy. But to count how many i want, it's at least 13 more. laugh

Make sure you think about this one, Spooky...I had really long hair my entire life (with rare exception) and now cut it really short so I can drench it in the summer and shake and go...I wouldn't have ever thought about having short hair much less about a hair line being visible until now!

Return to Top
#1158580 - 04/06/09 08:15 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake A_G
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Eggcited

Is this too long to post for those of us that dare not go there?

Return to Top
#1158583 - 04/06/09 08:17 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake RR Joker
A_G Offline
10K Club
Nope:

Read it over, print it out, and answer the following questions before you agree to be tattooed. It could save you from an ugly mistake—or a deadly one.

Your Artist:
Do you have a recommendation from a satisfied customer?
Have you looked at his/her book of work?
Have you had a consultation about your ideas?

Your Design:
Do you have an image or sketch of your idea to bring to the parlor?
Will your design fit in the space where you want it? Will details be lost making it fit?
Are you sure you want this design on your body forever?

Your Price Range:
Can you afford it? Keep in mind: Most artists charge around $150 per hour.

Your Health:
Are you diabetic? If yes, have you consulted your doctor? A tattoo might not be a good idea for you.
Do you have eczema? If yes, do not get tattooed in the affected area.
Do you have psoriasis? People with psoriasis should not get tattooed.
Are there pimples in the area you want to be tattooed? If so, wait for the area to heal.
Is there a mole in the area where you want the tattoo? Don’t get it there. It will bleed. A lot.
Do you have HIV? If yes, consult your doctor before you get tattooed.
Do you have Hepatitis C? If yes, consult your doctor before you get tattooed.

Your Safety:
Have you seen the artist’s autoclave sterilization system and autoclave certification?
Is the artist using new needles? Did you see him remove the needles from a sterile bag?
Is your artist wearing gloves?

Return to Top
#1158585 - 04/06/09 08:18 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake RR Joker
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
Well I already have one on the back of my neck, "We are, what we are, what we shall be." I had a pixie cut once, and i hated it with so much passion, so I doubt I'll ever go back to short hair.

Return to Top
#1158592 - 04/06/09 08:23 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
haha..I thought the same thing, Spooky, but guess what...as bad as I hated it short at 15, it's not even the same now...I think it's the difference between a "bad" cut and a good one, maybe?

Thanks for posting the list, Eggcited...I passed, which is good! haha...I actually had fun when I went (on my sons' recommendation) and told the guys what I wanted and they went to town to see who could invent the winning design. wink

It's not exactly what I had envisioned, but it turned out the easiest to decipher.

Return to Top
#1158601 - 04/06/09 08:27 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake RR Joker
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
I personally think i look funny with short hair, and i love to play with my long hair, and so does my guy, so i'm still partial to it long. =]

Return to Top
#1158612 - 04/06/09 08:34 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
yes that was directed towards you, sorry...

NO, I have one behind my ear, that was my opinion for me. Sorry if you feel I was "outing" you, I had no idea you wanted any behind ur ears

Return to Top
#1158623 - 04/06/09 08:47 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake *nUnZeO*
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
oh no, i was just kidding anyways, sorry... =\

Return to Top
#1158638 - 04/06/09 09:03 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I have one that wraps around my ankle down onto the top of my foot and I won't like. It hurt like the dickens.
I also have one on my lower back and one on my neck.
I think it's the closer to the bone the worse it hurts, right?

Nunzie has a cute tat behind her ear.

Return to Top
#1158651 - 04/06/09 09:15 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Mrs. Rizzo
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
I have one on my hip, back of my neck, lower back, top of my foot, one on my shouler and a set on my shoulder blades. =]

I want a set behind my ears, one wrapping down one leg, and another down the other, one on my ankle, one on my other hip, one actually on my ear, one possibly wrapping around my waist, one on my other shoulder, color on my wings.

That's just a few =]

Return to Top
#1158662 - 04/06/09 09:24 PM Re: Getting Inked Soon? Avoid An Ugly Mistake Spook-a-Muffin
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
That's a lot of money, spooks!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21