Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1159379 - 04/07/09 08:48 PM Electronic copies of web site pages
Game On Offline
Platinum Poster
Marietta, GA
Could someone direct me to the requirements for retention of web site pages? We had some personnel changes and the new ones say they never had to retain all pages at their old bank.

I have the information concerning applications and the supporting disclosures from the web but nothing that covers every page.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1159484 - 04/07/09 10:44 PM Re: Electronic copies of web site pages Game On
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
There is no requirement that you retain copies of all pages, BUT, you must retain evidence of compliance with regulations that apply to any of the content of your pages. That means no retention of general info like business hours and branch locations. On the other hand, rate boards, application forms, and certain product details are subject to such things as Regs. B, Z, and DD & you must be able to prove that your advertising meets the standards of whichever reg. comes into play. You can determine the need for retention on a page-by-page basis or simply grab the whole site if that's easier.

Return to Top
#1159620 - 04/08/09 01:14 PM Re: Electronic copies of web site pages Richard Insley
Game On Offline
Platinum Poster
Marietta, GA
You made my day start better than expected! I was reading an audit checklist for a web audit and it said retain "all pages"-- I had never seen that before. We have copies of all pages that include rates,disclosures, ads,.etc. We did not retain copies of hours, locations,community events, etc.

Your response makes me feel better. thanks!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z