Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1161141 - 04/09/09 09:16 PM Courier car with ad
wanted Offline
wanted
United States
Bank has a courier car. The bank wants to put an ad on the car stating the APY for a checking account. EX: Grand Checking 4.06% APY. What else needs to be included in the ad? Does this trigger all the other disclosures?

Return to Top
Marketing
#1161217 - 04/10/09 12:35 AM Re: Courier car with ad wanted
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why don't you just put a giant bulls-eye on the car for robbers and thieves - maybe an arrow with flashing lights that says bank courier car?? smile

Has anyone asked the courier about this and if his concealed gun permit is up to-date??

Return to Top
#1161270 - 04/10/09 12:35 PM Re: Courier car with ad rlcarey
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I don't disagree with Randy at all. Make sure your security folks sign off on this too.

That said, to answer your question, Reg DD does contain some exemptions for advertising via outdoor media at 230.8(e) that you'll want to look at. However, you should also keep in mind that UDAP is the hammer that's currently in vogue, so regardless of what Reg DD says or doesn't say, you'll want to be sure your courier car ad would not be misleading or deceptive.

Return to Top
#1161718 - 04/10/09 05:27 PM Re: Courier car with ad RVFlyboy
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Gee, I wonder if the family of the guy who is harmed (or heaven forbid killed) driving the courier car when it is robbed will sue the bank? If they do, any doubt they will win?

I have seen banks mark their cars and I just can't imagine that anyone could possibly think this is a good idea.

Return to Top
#1162082 - 04/10/09 11:13 PM Re: Courier car with ad BrendaC
KYCspcialsts.com Offline
not a good idea... ever!!

Return to Top
#1162083 - 04/10/09 11:14 PM Re: Courier car with ad KYCspcialsts.com
KYCspcialsts.com Offline
However, maybe they should put their ads on top of taxi cabs... their rates....that would work probably better

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker