Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1162604 - 04/13/09 08:13 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? TB 12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I made a deal with the household that if they would cut out Starbucks I would reduce the intake of Sazevac and Yamakazi bourbons......

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1162662 - 04/13/09 08:57 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? Pale Rider
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
smirk how about a switch to Jack

CAMS

Return to Top
#1162668 - 04/13/09 09:03 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? edAudit
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I let my gym membership expire and stopped going to some of my classes. I don't have any plans for vacation, yet; but it won't be anything extravagant.

Return to Top
#1162703 - 04/13/09 09:27 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? Becka Marr
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I just got a $15,000.00 bill from the hospital and we're going back tomorrow for more...oh, wait you wanted to know about cutting back...not supporting...

-I buy generic everything
-We cancelled our land line
-We bought the itty bitty sappling trees for $1.50 a piece when we put 29 of them in the ground this weekend, rather than paying a bunch for them. Kind of like a science experiment.
-We hang most of our laundry to save on LP
-I bring my lunch
-I gave up Starbucks

Return to Top
#1162709 - 04/13/09 09:31 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? Becka Marr
tcredle Offline
100 Club
We turned off our cable. I gave up my cell phone and use my husbands to call my mother. He always has minutes left over. We put up a clothes line and we are planting a garden. I was in a lay off over a year ago, but was able to find employment and they had a layoff last month, but I made the cut. My son has moved back home. He works construction and is out of work weeks at a time and his girl friend came with him and she just found a job and my son in law lost his job. So I am trying to find ways to cut back to buy the extra groceries and the higher electric bills

Return to Top
#1162753 - 04/14/09 03:14 AM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? tcredle
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Truth be told, my spending is actually higher than it was a year ago. I even went as far as getting a credit card (after not having one for over 5 years) and a cell phone.

The only real spending decision I have made based (partly) on the economy (and partly on personal circumstances) is holding off on getting a new car. I had planned to get one in December or January, but now I'm holding off until at least next year.

Return to Top
#1162817 - 04/14/09 12:34 PM Re: so what sacrifices are you making? JacF
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I'm refinancing my mortgage - with the lower interest rate, I can keep my payment the same as it was, but take out a big chunk of new money, which we will spend on home improvements.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2