Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1164013 - 04/15/09 06:17 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... pjs
A_G Offline
10K Club
well it could have been the 'thumbs up...' cool

Nevermind, that's not a finger! eek

Return to Top
#1164014 - 04/15/09 06:17 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... HappyGilmore
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
A couple of thousand showed up at the noon rally in Waco, then there will be a larger one at 5:00 p.m., Texas time, as our Gov. says.

Return to Top
#1164025 - 04/15/09 06:25 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Quadspapa
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Demonstrations and gatherings when a Democrat is president? Must be a bunch of troublemakers!!

Return to Top
#1164071 - 04/15/09 07:07 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... GuitarDude
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
There was talk the govenor was going to try and make it down here too. I just don't know, with Fiesta going on too, it is going to be a mess down there.

Return to Top
#1164081 - 04/15/09 07:14 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... kms
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Wow JJ, where were you when you could have been marginalizing the anti war nuts and other yahoos that protested against Bush?

Seems a little bias to me.

Return to Top
#1164083 - 04/15/09 07:15 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... A_G
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Wouldn't it be more effective to have a rally to threaten to oust our elected representives, and have them there to answer to why they continue to approve this increased spending, versus just doing a headline grabbing anti-gov't, anti-O rally???

You do realize that this is on tax day right?

Return to Top
#1164090 - 04/15/09 07:26 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Sound Tactic
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
smile

Return to Top
#1164092 - 04/15/09 07:31 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Sound Tactic
A_G Offline
10K Club
What if you file for an extension?

Return to Top
#1164098 - 04/15/09 07:37 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Sound Tactic
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: Duhhhhhhhh
Wow JJ, where were you when you could have been marginalizing the anti war nuts and other yahoos that protested against Bush?

But the difference is, those protesters were called un-/anti-American. For some reason, this event is considered patriotic. Either one to me seems like a way to lift one's spirits temporarily, ruffle a few feathers, but create only minor change. I do hope our government does get the message that taxation isn't the only solution.

Return to Top
#1164118 - 04/15/09 07:53 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Bacon Boy
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:
I do hope our government does get the message that taxation isn't the only a solution.
fixed

Return to Top
#1164120 - 04/15/09 07:54 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Blade Scrapper
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
MAN!!! I wish I could get to one. The nearest one to me is two hours away.

Return to Top
#1164127 - 04/15/09 07:57 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Retired DQ
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
orange pekoe?

Just for the record, that's a cut of tea, not a flavor...

Return to Top
#1164130 - 04/15/09 08:00 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... FBH
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
One of my Ultra Left-Wing friends called me "a white supremacist racist, hillbilly, tax-dodging, hate-filled, gun nut" for going to this...

Just for the record, I'm not a white supremacist racist hillbilly. laugh

Return to Top
#1164131 - 04/15/09 08:00 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Sound Tactic
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Duhhhhhhhh

No bias at all... actually wondering where large scale tea parties were last year, and the year before that, and so on.

Where was the indignation then as budgets were being run up?

Yeah, I don't think it is my bias showing today.

Return to Top
#1164133 - 04/15/09 08:02 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... FBH
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: FBH
One of my Ultra Left-Wing friends called me "a white supremacist racist, hillbilly, tax-dodging, hate-filled, gun nut" for going to this...

Just for the record, I'm not a white supremacist racist hillbilly. laugh

No one here has called you a hillbilly, yet wink

Return to Top
#1164134 - 04/15/09 08:03 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... #Just Jay
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
UH, I think this "budget" is WAY larger and the deficit spending is WAY larger than before. And the taxes to come will be WAY larger than before.

Return to Top
#1164136 - 04/15/09 08:04 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... #Just Jay
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
I think the catalyst for this is all the bailout money that's being given out and printed by the Federal Reserve (which is not federal, and apparently has no reserve!)

It's different when pork gets rolled into and tucked away in a bill, it's another when an unregulated non-governmental body gives tax payer money away and is not required to account for it.

Call me an apologist, but I think that's why it hasn't happened before. Well that, and Cheney would have sicced Blackwater on us!

Return to Top
#1164141 - 04/15/09 08:06 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... DD Regs
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I also think we're in a far-worse situation and it has to run its course.

Return to Top
#1164147 - 04/15/09 08:09 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Bacon Boy
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
So too much may be ok with the right guys and right situation, but way too much of somthing else we don't like is not tolerable?

Gotcha, I think confused

Return to Top
#1164150 - 04/15/09 08:10 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Bacon Boy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
JJ please compare this years budget to last years. Do you see a problem? Personally I am no fan of the budget problems Bush had. But his plan probably did save the economy. Obama's plan is just excessive spending and short term boost for long term strain. Lets revisit that comment in four years.

Trust me bud, your as bias as they come.

Return to Top
#1164154 - 04/15/09 08:13 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... #Just Jay
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I don't think any Bush budget was much over 4% of GDP. Conservative (not politically) estimates of The One's proposed budget is 14% of GDP. That's higher than WWII.

Return to Top
#1164156 - 04/15/09 08:13 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Sound Tactic
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I see a problem with the last several years worth of budgets stretching well back into the 90's. And I don't place the sole fault of the budget on the president wither, the majority of the fault lays with the congress' of thoase years as well.

Trust me bud, you are in no place to tell me where my bias is placed.

Return to Top
#1164162 - 04/15/09 08:17 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Blade Scrapper
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Obamism
I don't think any Bush budget was much over 4% of GDP. Conservative (not politically) estimates of The One's proposed budget is 14% of GDP. That's higher than WWII.

If you add President Bush's 'emergency spending' and 'supplemental' spending requests back into the budget, what percentage of GDP do you get?

Return to Top
#1164164 - 04/15/09 08:19 PM Re: Just got back from our local Tea Party.... Hrothgar Geiger
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I don't know, Niles. Why don't you tell us?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3