Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1163893 - 04/15/09 05:13 PM online acct procedures
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Assume: 4 out of wallet questions. DOB, ADDR, SSN all come out OK but Joe Doe only answers 2 out of wallets right. Continue to open online or call for further "chat"?

Anyone have specific procedures in place for handling failed out of wallets? Do youhave more than 4 questions? Whatcha doing with these???

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1164021 - 04/15/09 06:22 PM Re: online acct procedures Trees
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If all four weren't answered I'd want to chat. Especially these basic questions. You don't know that you have the right customer.

I'm conservative when it comes to this.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1164105 - 04/15/09 07:43 PM Re: online acct procedures Andy_Z
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
chat

CAMS

Return to Top
#1164115 - 04/15/09 07:52 PM Re: online acct procedures edAudit
CSB98 Offline
Diamond Poster
Wisconsin
For online apps, they have to correctly answer 3 of the 4 questions right. If they don't, they get notification that the account will not be opened. We do not contact them to reanswer questions or verify information. It's usually the customer calling us to ask why they failed, with the personal banker then asking them more questions to verify identity.

Return to Top
#1164647 - 04/16/09 04:32 PM Re: online acct procedures CSB98
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I like that CSB. They call you and now you can serve them better, personally, cross-selling as appropriate and confident that John really is John.

Although, I'm not sure 3 of 4 is high enough. It depends on the question. When I called one of my banks where I have a joint account, I was asked what my first car was. Well, I answered. They said it was wrong. OK, who answered the question the first time, my wife or I? I answer with what my wife drove when we met. That was her first car. Wrong. So I track her down and ask what her first car was. Well, the first she considered hers was this, but the first in her name was that, and the one I listed was hers, but wasn't what she would ever list. (Ugg)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1164668 - 04/16/09 04:41 PM Re: online acct procedures Andy_Z
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sounds like you were engaging in a little "social engineering" to me. smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z