#1170757 - 04/27/09 06:48 PM She's Back
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-04-27-clinton-climate_N.htm?csp=34

Clinton at meeting: United States acting on climate change

::Snip::
"The United States is fully engaged and ready to lead and determined to make up for lost time both at home and abroad," Clinton said at the start of the two-day meeting. "The United States is no longer absent without leave."

Wow, we are going to finally take the lead on something n this administration. Such bold talk.

During President George W. Bush's tenure, the United States refused to take part in the Kyoto regime, calling it unfair since it made no demands on rapidly developing economies like China and India.
Clinton referred to the fragile planet when she told leaders that the United States was "working tirelessly" to ensure that this time there would be a successful outcome. But she acknowledged that there is no sense in negotiating an agreement if it will not have a practical impact in reducing emissions, meaning developing countries such as India and China will have to be included.

They take a jab at the Bush administration, then turn around and say they are going to do the same thing as what he did.

"Of course each economy represented here is different. And some, like mine, is responsible for past emissions, some for quickly growing present emissions," she said.

The apology tour continues.

"But people everywhere have a legitimate aspiration for a higher standard of living. We want people to have a higher standard of living.

Now they want to redistribute the wealth around the world.

We just hope we can work together in a way to avoid the mistakes that we made that have created a large part of the problem that we face today."

More of the apology tour.

Calling it "a decisive break with past policy," Clinton said the ruling opened the door to tighter regulations on tailpipe emissions from cars and trucks. But those regulations will take time.

Uh, no it is not! She already said earlier there is no need to go there if all are not at the table (China, India). Which is why Bush didn’t recognize the past treaty, I mean, even Billy boy wouldn’t sign the old treaty cause he saw the flaws in it. Why can’t these bozos. And oh yeah, more Bush Bashing. But I thought The One said it was time to stop blaming the past and it was time to move forward.

At the last major meeting on a new climate treaty in Bonn earlier this month, little progress was made on two key issues: the carbon emissions targets to be adopted by rich countries and how to raise an estimated $100 billion a year to help poor countries adapt to climate change.

More wealth distribution. So, this is where our Cap and Trade money will go.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1170767 - 04/27/09 07:08 PM Re: She's Back DD Regs
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
unfortunately I don't think she ever went away.

Return to Top
#1170778 - 04/27/09 07:22 PM Re: She's Back kms
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I wonder if those people buried in ash by Mt Vesuvius think of Earth as such a "fragile planet."

Return to Top
#1170792 - 04/27/09 07:35 PM Re: She's Back DD Regs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: DD Regs

Calling it "a decisive break with past policy," Clinton said the ruling opened the door to tighter regulations on tailpipe emissions from cars and trucks. But those regulations will take time.

We're not going to fall for the old banana in the tailpipe routine.

Return to Top
#1170815 - 04/27/09 07:44 PM Re: She's Back Peepers
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
is that code peepers?

don't make me go get that little m flag!

Return to Top
#1170823 - 04/27/09 07:49 PM Re: She's Back Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
And some, like mine, is responsible for past emissions

So she admits she is a gaseous windbag? And we all know about Bill's emissions...

Return to Top
#1170825 - 04/27/09 07:52 PM Re: She's Back Pale Rider
joeball Offline
100 Club
joeball
Bluegrass State
Beverly Hills Cop

Return to Top