Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#117164 - 10/01/03 09:55 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
DVDs have regional codes that can be adjusted and explained.

Perhaps the GOP will be so glad John Goodman was in office for a few days that the term for Bartlett will start over.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#117165 - 10/02/03 01:35 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Walken (John Goodman) as the nominee for VP?

Liked the scene with Walken and Debbie (secretary) and the scene with Josh and Walken's #1 in the rest room. (Assume that Creditcop loved the latter.) Sometimes it's easier when we demonize our enemies, but when you do that and then look in the mirror you're the demon.

Thanks for the links, Andy. I will read and evaluate whether my desire for season two makes it a reasonable project to undertake.

Return to Top
#117166 - 10/02/03 02:50 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I missed the first 20 minutes of the show, but I liked what I saw. Yes, I liked the restroom scene with Josh. I also liked the coversation between John Goodman and the secretary and the ending scene was very good.

Looks like next week's show will be good with problems with a VP choice. Looks like the evil republicans will be out in force after the VP choice. Let the games begin.

Return to Top
#117167 - 10/02/03 03:20 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
The new nominee for VP is played by actor Gary Cole. Walken would be an "interesting" character choice for VP, but I don't think they considered that.

Return to Top
#117168 - 10/02/03 04:09 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Paul, it's not Gary Cole. It's William Devane.

Return to Top
#117169 - 10/02/03 07:24 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Bill Devane may be the nominee at the beginning of the show, but Gary Cole will be the new VP. See This description of the show from the NBC web site.

Return to Top
#117170 - 10/02/03 07:45 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Gary Cole's website shows that he'll be the next VP, too.

http://www.garycole.net/news/index.html

Return to Top
#117171 - 10/02/03 08:15 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
CreditCop, missed the first 20 min? Soccer?
Loved the conversation with Debbie. Didn't get the part about the intern -- but then I missed the first 20 min. Wish I had seen the whole show, guess I will have to wait for reruns.

Return to Top
#117172 - 10/02/03 08:56 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Missed the first 20 minutes due to church not soccer. I am teaching a personal finance class for our church on Wednesdays. I love soccer though. I have watched some of the women's world cup matches. USA had a big win last night over Norway. My oldest daughter played in high school, she was the goalie. That position is tough on parents. You just hold your breath when you see that there is a collision about to happen. I was worried that she would have a tooth or teeth knocked out and I would have cried over that due to the $4,000 spent on braces, but that never happened. She would come home bruised up. Broke her thumb once, but was so stubborn (like her mother) that she played 8 more games before she would have it x-rayed. Up until then she would say that it was only jammed. In her senior year, her team got to the final 8 in the state of Indiana. She was also honorable mention all state in tennis her junior and senior year.

Return to Top
#117173 - 10/02/03 10:16 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
CC, how awesome for your daughter and your family. My son is in his senior year. We made it to south state finals a couple of years ago. We have really high hopes for this year.

Return to Top
#117174 - 10/03/03 10:41 AM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
CC,
Identify with your concerns about that expensive smile. Out oldest played indoor field hockey for a while. The wall was covered with a variety of advertisements, but I got concerned when I realized a disproportionate number of the ads were from orthodontists. I assumed that they thought it was a good place to advertise because the facility generated a lot of business for them.

About "the intern" I assume you are talking about the guy that shadowed Josh (tripped and fell walking down the hall). I missed a 4 second sound bite and never had any idea who he was, other than a klutz. Insight?

Thanks for the links. The NBC web site says President Bartlett has a "country lawyer charisma." Do you suppose that copy writer ever watched the show? Bartlett is about as close to being a country lawyer as CJ is to being a contestant in a beauty pageant.

Return to Top
#117175 - 10/03/03 04:29 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I missed a 4 second sound bite and never had any idea who he was, other than a klutz. Insight?

Only that Josh didn't know who he was, Leo hired him and Josh said he wasn't to get any more interns. Leo told Josh something to the effect of, "that is what you said".
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#117176 - 10/03/03 05:20 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Quote:

About "the intern" I assume you are talking about the guy that shadowed Josh (tripped and fell walking down the hall). I missed a 4 second sound bite and never had any idea who he was, other than a klutz. Insight?

The intern's last name was Pierce. Someone said "as in the Pierce bedroom?" and he said yes.

After watching this show for several years and being frustrated at how fast these characters talk, I finally found a solution - I turned on the "closed captioning" the other night while I watched. If I couldn't quite understand what was said, at least I could read it!

Return to Top
#117177 - 10/03/03 08:18 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Sorry, I see your point. I was basing my information on the previews, plus this information also from the NBC website.

Return to Top
#117178 - 11/06/03 06:13 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
lblu Offline
Gold Star
lblu
Speaking of Josh...what's up with this new story line. Josh is being relieved of all his responsibilities. Are they setting him up to move out of the series?

Return to Top
#117179 - 11/07/03 10:56 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's great to hear someone who likes West Wing. No one (where I work) watches it. I love it. Even my kids know not to call me on Wednesday during the show. I would love to work in a place like that!

Return to Top
#117180 - 11/10/03 05:50 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
It's been forever since I've been in the watercooler so I just found this thread. I love this show, I tape it because I'm not home in time on Wednesdays. I like watching on tape better because I can rewind if I miss what they're talking about.
They seem to be setting the show up for a number of possible changes. CJ has been put in a position she didn't like quite a few times and seems to be getting frustrated (maybe that will change after last week), Toby has been wanting a change, they gave Will to the VP, Josh has been relieved of most of his responsibilies and it seems all of his power, and Leo seems to be more and more authoritative (or am I the only one who thinks that). It should be interesting to see what happens.

Return to Top
#117181 - 11/10/03 07:19 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Bank on it Offline
100 Club
Bank on it
New York
What happened with Josh? I missed the whole thing, and I'm feeling a little lost.

Return to Top
#117182 - 11/10/03 11:41 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

What happened with Josh? I missed the whole thing, and I'm feeling a little lost.

You can read the basic storyline here. I still think this is the new writer(s) exercising authority. Too many things are topsy turvy.

Return to Top
#117183 - 11/20/03 07:27 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Josh be da man! I liked last nights episode. I also thought it kinda cool that when the staff had a problem with the President, they called his boss, the President's wife.

Return to Top
#117184 - 11/20/03 07:37 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
I liked last night's show too. I've had less interest in the show this season - in my opinion the storylines have been weak and not developed to the same level as prior seasons. Last night though had most of the same hallmarks of the past.

And as for calling in Mrs. Bartlett.....well yeah.

Hey Andy, I figured you'd be at the Comdex Technology Conference in Vegas - checking out all the new "techy toys" and expanding your wish list!

Return to Top
#117185 - 11/20/03 07:38 PM Re: West Wing Season Premiere Tonight
lblu Offline
Gold Star
lblu
Andy, I missed last night's episode. What did Josh do?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2