Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1179605 - 05/08/09 07:18 PM right to rescind - obligor no ownership interest
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
We currently have a loan to A secured by her prinicipal residence. We are re-writing the loan to add B as an obligor. No new money. The collateral is now also his principal residence but he has no ownership interest.

I know that Reg Z and the Act differ on this, but am I ok if I comply with Reg Z and do not provide ROR to B?

Need to know quickly.

Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1179626 - 05/08/09 07:27 PM Re: right to rescind - obligor no ownership interest OnTheEdge
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
He has no ownership interest, just lives there...no rights to rescind.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1179705 - 05/08/09 08:04 PM Re: right to rescind - obligor no ownership interest RR Joker
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Just a tidbit of interesting info.....in Texas, for a home equity loan, the owner AND the owner's spouse have the right to rescind......even if the spouse is not an owner. How 'd 'ya like them apples?!!!

Return to Top
#1180087 - 05/11/09 01:24 PM Re: right to rescind - obligor no ownership interest swiggles
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Yeah, Texas has some strange laws for sure! I tend to forget to put a "state" disclaimer on things!

Of course, I'm going to have to guess that OnTheEdge must live somewhere closer to me...being we are both in rural SE! wink
Last edited by RR joker; 05/11/09 01:25 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1180120 - 05/11/09 01:48 PM Re: right to rescind - obligor no ownership interest RR Joker
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: RR joker
Yeah, Texas has some strange unique laws for sure! I tend to forget to put a "state" disclaimer on things!

Of course, I'm going to have to guess that OnTheEdge must live somewhere closer to me...being we are both in rural SE! wink

fixed wink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z