Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1181632 - 05/12/09 06:49 PM Any Good Audit Interview Questions?
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
Does anyone have any good audit interview questions for potential new hires? Management has narrowed it down to three candidates and wants a round of interviews to be done by staff auditors. There are many restricted questions I will not ask. Does anyone have some good questions they have used beyond the typical "What are your strengths and weaknesses"?

I think in audit you have to be self-motivated, willing to research and ask questions, good with people, oral and written communication skills, quick learner, positive attitude and have audit or banking experience that complements our group. Some of our previous hires seemed like great additions, but lasted less than a year.

Thanks!! smile

Return to Top
Audit
#1181894 - 05/12/09 09:21 PM Re: Any Good Audit Interview Questions? Banker27
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Tell me about the situation under which you uncovered what you consider your largest internal control breach, how did you handle it, what would you have done differently, what was the ultimate outcome.

Return to Top
#1182303 - 05/13/09 03:16 PM Re: Any Good Audit Interview Questions? rlcarey
I. Wannano Offline
Oregon
Oh good one! I'll have to save that in my arsenal of interview questions.

Return to Top
#1183473 - 05/14/09 03:41 PM Re: Any Good Audit Interview Questions? I. Wannano
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
I just had an interview and they asked 5 questions. I can't remember them all but they were as follows:

How do you deal with attorneys and directors?
What was your biggest compliance challange, how did you deal with it and was the resolution satisfactory to all involved?
What was your most enjoyable accomplishment and why?

I can't remember the other two but they were along the same lines.

Return to Top
#1183555 - 05/14/09 04:28 PM Re: Any Good Audit Interview Questions? KAT
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
My favorite that our president asked of me, and later told me he just wanted to see my reaction and wasn't necessarily interested in the answer, was "Being in audit, you are not here to make friends. And if you do your job right, some people may not like you. Do you have any problem with that?"
We still talk about it smile

Return to Top
#1184086 - 05/14/09 10:11 PM Re: Any Good Audit Interview Questions? QCL
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
Queen- That is a good point. An auditor will eventually have to deal with that!! You have to be fair and objective and not worry about what others think.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z