Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#118446 - 09/29/03 03:29 PM Survivor "Unspoiled"
TDW Offline
Gold Star
I just wanted to create a Survivor thread that I could go to and talk about the show yet not have the show spoiled before I watch it. No offence to the spoiler thread, but I like to be surprised

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#118447 - 09/29/03 03:31 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Knowing is fun, but I am like you, I like to be surprised!! What do you think of the whole stealing an item from the other tribe after RC's??

Return to Top
#118448 - 09/29/03 03:33 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
TDW Offline
Gold Star
I love the idea!! I think it is going to be great entertainment!!

Return to Top
#118449 - 10/03/03 01:44 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Bah. Stoopid Morgan. Ya know, I haven't exactly seen Tijuana burning it up in the challenges and yet for some reason she's safe and Lil and Darrah are in jeopardy. Eh...I knew Lil's days were numbered.

And what about that Rupert? Played a huge role in the RC and won the IC for Drake. He's safe up to the merge and then maybe he's a huge target. (Speaking of the RC...man, Darrah and...Michelle?...have nice legs.)

Looks like Drake may start thinking about throwing the next IC so they can ditch Jon. Yay!

Return to Top
#118450 - 10/03/03 02:00 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I would LOVE to see Jon go home. He's icky.

So far my favorite players are Trish, Rupert & Sandra. Sandra's so feisty, gotta love her!

Poor Morgan is probably shivering in the dark, waiting for someone to bring them fire. But Andrew has Got A Plan, I'm sure. Or does he.

Return to Top
#118451 - 10/03/03 02:22 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
MAG Offline
100 Club
I also like Rupert, Trish and Andrew. How about Rupert being so popular and likeable and fun to watch...the perfect pirate...all while wearing a skirt!!

Return to Top
#118452 - 10/03/03 04:34 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
The morgan tribe hasn't even attempted to get together as a "team". Lil could have showed some leadership skills and tried to lead the rest. Andrew sure hasn't shown any leadership skills. They are all doomed when the tribes merge. It will be similar to the survivor where Brian won. (was that marqueses? too many islands) I thought for a split second last night that Rupert was going to go before Osten in the immunity challenge, then Rupert looked at Osten and I knew he was going to win it. The Drake tribe sure has pulled together as a team. I also would like to see John go, but Sandra better be careful or she will be #2 out. Not sure if the others really care for her personality.

Return to Top
#118453 - 10/03/03 06:24 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
jon is rude and so cocky that i will rejoice if he leaves... i feel bad for morgan but i haven't seen a whole lot more than whining to make it better. you know in the beginning they said that what they got in the village would make or break them and thats what's happening...
and if it were me and some one was coming to raid my camp i'd be buring the good stuff in the sand a ways away so they couldn't see it!!

Return to Top
#118454 - 10/03/03 07:46 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

and if it were me and some one was coming to raid my camp i'd be buring the good stuff in the sand a ways away so they couldn't see it!!

I don't think that they can do that, against some type of rules probably. Don't you guys just LOVE Ryan O's eyes!!!! WOW!!!! I think he has to be the best looking guy ever on Survivor!! Colby was pretty good looking too. Anyway, Rupert...what a STUD!!! I love him. I really don't know why they kicked Lil out other than the fact that Darrah is nicer to look at for the guys...I don't know, I felt bad for her. Isn't it funny, they didn't show Drake looking for the treasure after they got their second piece of the map. I wonder why!!!

Return to Top
#118455 - 10/06/03 04:01 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Rupert is just the man. I love that one scene they showed recently where he was snapping off whole tree limbs by brute force while his team members were ineptly cutting off twigs with the machete. However, he's too popular with the viewers and so clearly won't win.

At this early point, I'm trying to figure out who will emerge as the FUTR candidate.

Return to Top
#118456 - 10/07/03 07:28 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a little off topic here, but still rather funny. (No, I am not sexist, and yes, my husband does some of this on a daily basis too -- the point is that sometimes everyday life is "survival" too ):

>Subject: The Next Survivor Series
>
>The Next Survivor Series
>Six married men will be dropped on an island for six
>weeks. Each man has one car and four kids. Each kid
>plays two sports and either takes music or dance
>classes. There is no access to fast food. Each man
>must take care of his 4 kids, keep his assigned house
>clean, correct all homework, complete science
>projects, cook, do laundry, etc.
>The men only have access to television when the kids
>are asleep and all chores are done. There is only one
>TV between them and there is no remote. The men must
>shave their legs, wear makeup daily, which they must
>apply themselves either while driving or while making
>four lunches. They must attend weekly school meetings,
>clean up after their sick children at 3:00 a.m., make
>an Indian hut model with six toothpicks, a tortilla
>and one marker, and get a 4-year-old to eat a serving
>of peas. The kids vote them off the island, based on
>performance.
>The last man wins only if he has enough energy to be
>
>intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice. If the
>last man does win, he can play the game over and over
>again for the next 18-25 years, eventually earning the
>right to be called "Mom."
>One more thing. They cannot kill themselves or the
>kids, or they automatically get voted off.

Return to Top
#118457 - 10/10/03 03:05 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
What was Drake thinking? You should NEVER throw a challenge. This may come back to haunt them. And once they did have a chance to eliminate someone, why didn't they boot Jon the Disturbing/Annoying Drunk Guy? (Heh--Jeff Probst REALLY hates him. Did you catch the way he was totally dissing him at TC? "Are you loaded?" "Do you think that's a respectful way to cast your vote?") I think it might be a bit early to be bumping off your stronger team members.

Tragically, I missed the first 20 minutes, which I guess showed more of the Follies o' Morgan. Those guys are just...pathetic.

And I'm not certain what all this business about plotting against Christa was about. I like her. Her braids are quite powerful.

Return to Top
#118458 - 10/10/03 03:16 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
MAY come back to haunt them? I think, having lost Rupert, it definitely will come back to haunt them. I, unfortunately, missed the part where Jeff read the note about losing a tribe member after the Immunity Challenge (and don't you suspect that if Drake had won again that little note would never have come out?). I don't mind Christa, but I thought the editors did a poor job of showing us why Burton would be the logical boot (instead of idiotic Jon.)

Return to Top
#118459 - 10/10/03 03:42 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i am now wishing and praying for them to loose next week so jon can go AWAY!!!! he has to be the most annoying player EVER!!!! i thouht jeff p would kick him out himself!!!

Return to Top
#118460 - 10/10/03 03:43 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

(and don't you suspect that if Drake had won again that little note would never have come out?). I don't mind Christa, but I thought the editors did a poor job of showing us why Burton would be the logical boot (instead of idiotic Jon.)

They showed the note before the IC started so Drake was aware before they threw the contest. What I gained last night was that Rupert is definitly the leader of Drake but not visibly. Before Burton talked to Rupert late that night about Christa, Jon was probably still the target but once he said something negative about a member of Ruperts alliance, he was the target.
I am fed up with Osten...what a wussy!!!!
Do you think that the Survivor producers told Drake that they couldn't take Morgans only cooking pot?

Return to Top
#118461 - 10/10/03 07:12 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Do you think the big lie could be Osten's woosie behavior? Perhaps it's his strategy to get to the individual challenges and clean house?

Return to Top
#118462 - 10/10/03 08:59 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
MAG Offline
100 Club
I think Osten is definitely playing a game here and you may be right that he is trying to stay in until the individual challenges.
Rupert will be the hero at the Morgan camp and may make friendships that could last until the end of the game...

Return to Top
#118463 - 10/10/03 09:48 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Drake was stupid for throwing the challenge and almost laughed when they lost Rupert because of their stupid decision. Rupert will be likeable with the Morgan tribe because that will help him later in the game. I don't think he will intentionally not try to be helpful and make friends there, afterall he is a very likeable person. I couldn't figure out all the negativity against Christa. I like her and think she does very well, maybe she is too much of a challenge for the other men. Jon is kooky and different but he sided the right way last night and will save himself for a few more weeks maybe. The morgan tribe really got a good morale booster by winning the challenge which they truly needed. The looks on their faces when they won...that was great!

Return to Top
#118464 - 10/17/03 03:36 AM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Okay, so the easy point of view is that Rupert makes all the difference. (Although some argue that Drake lost the RC simply because Jon was too much of a moron to steer straight...which arguably would not have been a factor had the Rupe been there, 'cuz I doubt he woulda tolerated being navigated right out of the course--prolly he'd have jumped out and started pushing the boat in the right direction.)

Clearly he made a big impact on Morgan. "You mean...we--we can move the shelter? And use this pointy-stick to catch fish? Tell us more, Rupert!" The only one not feelin' the love was Osten, who seemed content to wallow in his own filth. (And I think Rupert hit it on the head...Morgan spends too much time yakking about what to do and then not doing anything.)

Michelle got the boot and rightly so. They anticipated that someone would have to single-handedly win the IC for Drake and planned for her to be the ringer, but Jon seems to have got it right that her ego got in the way and she had to go showing off about how easily she could swallow gross substances. All it takes is one mistake to make you a target, and she was already in trouble for standing by her Burton.

So, basically, Drake's brilliant strategy of throwing the previous IC has come back to haunt them. Meanwhile, Rupe gets to sit back and make allies on the other team while not alienating anyone on his team. I can't see him winning this (I'm anticipating that the men will ignorantly pick each other off and we'll have a female F2), but I'd like to see him go far.

Return to Top
#118465 - 10/17/03 12:40 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I love Rupert - so far he's my favorite, although I'm liking Christa and Trish more & more too. Next episode clearly features Rupert more, because the title is Me & My Snake, that should be interesing! (Unless they're referring to Jon as the snake....)

Return to Top
#118466 - 10/17/03 12:55 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Everybody loves Rupert. I can't remember a Survivor series where any individual got so much screen time. He is truly carrying the show. I am concerned that he is making himself a target by showing so strongly in so many aspects of the game.

Return to Top
#118467 - 10/17/03 01:17 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yeah, I can't see him making it much past the merge, he's simply too likeable and there isn't anyone in the game who could beat him. So he'd be a huge target.

Return to Top
#118468 - 10/17/03 01:25 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
I can't say as I've enjoyed a Survivor series more than this one! I'll echo some of the previous posts and say that Rupert is my favorite as well! But we all know how these things go - the person who proves to have the most survival skills will not be the one to win. He'll be picked off so he won't be a threat to some of the other weaker "survivors". That is the one thing that I don't care for about the whole setup - it seems like you end up having the top two be the ones that got there on someone else's coattails or "flew under the radar". Basically it can end up being a personality contest and not a survivor contest. My biggest fear is that Jon and Osten will end up being the final two only because no one will see them as a threat therefore letting then hang around. The only saving grace is the challenges where those two don't stand a chance unless it's a whining and wuss contest. I think Alex is a strong player too but Rupert all the way!

Return to Top
#118469 - 10/17/03 03:54 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Well....last nights show was good! Drake's new member Balbowa(sp) is pretty cute. I thought it was so funny when Jon was going on and on at TC, Rupert sat there rolling his eyes. It kind of shocked me when he came out and basically said "I told you guys so" about it being very stupid to throw that challenge, right before the voting! He is definitly confident! I just love him...anyway....when is the predicted merge? Two weeks? The IC last night should have been to eat the stuff whole, not blended up. To easy compaired to the other Survivor's "eating" challenges!

Return to Top
#118470 - 10/17/03 04:09 PM Re: Survivor "Unspoiled"
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Hey, blended or no, that stuff would be nasty to eat/drink!!! Bleccchhhhh!!!!!!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2