BOL Conferences
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
Thread Options
#1221082 - 07/23/09 01:43 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published biz
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
biz - you can unprotect the file and make the changes yourself to fit your needs. I did just that for our shop.

The tool was created by another banker voluntarily, and I did not think it was fitting to further ask him to modify it just to suit me. wink (For example, we too will be requiring this in the files - which are scanned - and the purple does not scan or convert well, so I changed the color.)

I also reprotected the sheet to only allow users in my bank to modify the date field cells. They cannot select any other cells on the sheet.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1221091 - 07/23/09 01:52 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published QCL
biz Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
And maybe this is beyond my capabilities, I guess there's no maybe. But when the 3 days for the initial disclosure fall over like Columbus day, and we are open to carry on . . .yadda, yadda, yadda, the calculator does not count any federal holiday. I could be crazy, (definate possibility) but I thought the count for the initial disclosure and the count for the Reg Z day count were difined differently. So I would also have to effect that somehow right?

Return to Top
#1221144 - 07/23/09 02:42 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published David Dickinson
BFaith Offline
Originally Posted By: RR joker
Originally Posted By: pjs
RRjoker- after reading your words several times- what you write makes sense.

THANKS, but San Fran just said NOPE!

grrrrrr.....wait til I tell ATL FRB. Only the very complicated "if it is closer than the, blah, blah, blah" part is allowed.

Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
Yes - I'm listening to it now. They clarified that overstatement of the APR is OK, if it complies with §226.22.

I'm confused, and clearly I'm reading something wrong. RR joker's post sounds like they said if it's overstated then re-disclosure is required. But David's post sounds like an overstatement doesn't need to be redisclosed?

Return to Top
#1221157 - 07/23/09 02:53 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published BFaith
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Read the last part of David's response:

"...if it complies with §226.22."

Then go to my post 1220708 and then to David's post 1220727.

An overstated APR is not automatically considered accurate and if the APR quoted on the ETIL is not accurate then it must be redisclosed.

Return to Top
#1221165 - 07/23/09 03:01 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published waldensouth
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Originally Posted By: pjs
RRjoker- after reading your words several times- what you write makes sense.

THANKS, but San Fran just said NOPE!

grrrrrr.....wait til I tell ATL FRB. Only the very complicated "if it is closer than the, blah, blah, blah" part is allowed.

Okay, I couldn't attend the call yesterday (we were getting required supervisor training at work!) Am I to infer from this comment that if the final TIL's APR is either above or below the APR on the early TIL that we have to redisclose? so no reprieve for those loans where the final APR is LOWER that the early TIL?

In a nutshell...yes.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1221182 - 07/23/09 03:17 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Dan Persfull
BFaith Offline
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull
Read the last part of David's response:

"...if it complies with §226.22."

Then go to my post 1220708 and then to David's post 1220727.

An overstated APR is not automatically considered accurate and if the APR quoted on the ETIL is not accurate then it must be redisclosed.

Oh boy. I had to read and re-read the reg about 10 times but I think I finally got it! Thanks Dan!

Return to Top
#1221188 - 07/23/09 03:21 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
quoted from David's post a couple pages back from the San Fran conference:

Quote:
They also are saying "EACH borrower must get their OWN disclosures". What bank provides John AND Jane with their own? They mentioned it would be OK to use one envelope with a disclosure for each. How stupid!

This apparently was only for RofR purposes...as detailed in 226.17

(d) Multiple creditors; multiple consumers. If a transaction involves more than one creditor, only one set of disclosures shall be given and the creditors shall agree among themselves which creditor must comply with the requirements that this regulation imposes on any or all of them. If there is more than one consumer, the disclosures may be made to any consumer who is primarily liable on the obligation. If the transaction is rescindable under Sec. 226.23, however, the disclosures shall be made to each consumer who has the right to rescind.

Return to Top
#1221199 - 07/23/09 03:28 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
YOu know, I had about come to the "simple" conclusion that if RESPA applies, an eTIL will now be required...but there are still exceptions to this, aren't there?

the example a few pages back about son borrowering against mom/dad's home, personal purpose..would still require a GFE and HUD 1, but because it's not a loan on a dwelling of THE consumer's (son's), eTIL wouldn't be required. Final TIL and RofR would, however.

agree?

Return to Top
#1221223 - 07/23/09 03:37 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
The new Reg Z and HELOC rules are out!!!! eek

Return to Top
#1221231 - 07/23/09 03:41 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published #Just Jay
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/bcreg/20090723a.htm

The NPRM for HELOCs is 660 pages in non-Federal Register format.

The NPRM for closed-end credit is 674 pages in non-Federal Register format.

Both proposals indicate that comments will be accepted for 120 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/bcreg/bcreg20090723a1.pdf This is a 2 page highlights document that was referenced in the press release.

Happy reading!!!!

Return to Top
#1221253 - 07/23/09 03:48 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Reads Regs
Janet Munns Offline
100 Club
Janet Munns
Florida
And people ask me why I am still smoking!!! I think its time to take up drinking as well. No rest for the weary.

Return to Top
#1221266 - 07/23/09 03:52 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Reads Regs
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
WARNING SYSTEM OVERLOAD
I think I just reached my limit - I am going to ignore this and just pick up the "Scoop" from all the gurus, and masochists who take time to read all this **@&$*#%

Return to Top
#1221289 - 07/23/09 04:03 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
YOu know, I had about come to the "simple" conclusion that if RESPA applies, an eTIL will now be required...but there are still exceptions to this, aren't there?

the example a few pages back about son borrowering against mom/dad's home, personal purpose..would still require a GFE and HUD 1, but because it's not a loan on a dwelling of THE consumer's (son's), eTIL wouldn't be required. Final TIL and RofR would, however.

agree?

Agree.

Return to Top
#1221290 - 07/23/09 04:04 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ktac MITCH
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
That was my reaction as well! We are so busy trying to get the final stuff trained on and implemented, I don't think I'll have time to read through all that, digest it, determine what I like and don't like, then comment on it. I'm just going to pray that for once they make changes that are good changes for everyone. Maybe the only comment we need to make is, "You should only require all these changes for those who made the risky, crazy mortgages that led to all the problems." Ya, right! Grrrrrr.....
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1221297 - 07/23/09 04:08 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ktac MITCH
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Misery loves company my *#*$)! My brain is numb and I'm doing that nervous giggle thing again. cry
Just took a quick look and decided I'm going over to sit in the corner next to ktac MITCH and wait for the rest of you to decipher this.

Return to Top
#1221313 - 07/23/09 04:16 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published David Dickinson
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
I was/am in your camp Dan. They have addressed this in 3-4 listener questions. They have consistently said if the APR is overstated, it may not be of tolerance as outlined in §226.22.

They also are saying "EACH borrower must get their OWN disclosures". What bank provides John AND Jane with their own? They mentioned it would be OK to use one envelope with a disclosure for each. How stupid!

Is each own disclosure on the loans that are rescindable or all loans subject to the ETIL? Thanks.

Return to Top
#1221314 - 07/23/09 04:17 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Truffle Royale
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Misery loves company my *#*$)! My brain is numb and I'm doing that nervous giggle thing again. cry
Just took a quick look and decided I'm going over to sit in the corner next to ktac MITCH and wait for the rest of you to decipher this.

Truff
Misery loves company, so WELCOME. Come on over to the corner with me, this might even convience me to start drinking something harder than Dr. Pepper crazy

Return to Top
#1221318 - 07/23/09 04:18 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ktac MITCH
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
^^^ I'm with you two but need to get it in my head and it's getting there but then to make sure our compliance overseer'er sees it the same way.

Return to Top
#1221327 - 07/23/09 04:25 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published pjs
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
I think I will read the 2 page summary and wait too. I'll read it when it is final (or listen to a webinar)!!

Return to Top
#1221337 - 07/23/09 04:33 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published MarieR
dsaj Offline
Pennsylvania
Probably should start a new thread for that subject or this one will be 100 pages soon . . . .

Return to Top
#1221342 - 07/23/09 04:35 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ktac MITCH
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: ktac MITCH
WARNING SYSTEM OVERLOAD
I think I just reached my limit - I am going to ignore this and just pick up the "Scoop" from all the gurus, and masochists who take time to read all this **@&$*#%

Noooo....this is why I rely on you.

Return to Top
#1221351 - 07/23/09 04:40 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Jerod Moyer
Mainiac Offline
100 Club
I have read thru all 55 pages of this thread, but have not seen a specific comment about whether or not the new statement about the consumer not being required to complete the agreement should be in the "fed box" or not in the "fed box." Anyone have that answer?

Return to Top
#1221362 - 07/23/09 04:49 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Mainiac
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Ours is in the Fed Box - Wolters Kluwer Financial Services - does ours.

It's the last statement in the Fed Box.

Return to Top
#1221384 - 07/23/09 05:05 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published pjs
Sage Offline
Platinum Poster
On "the call" yesterday the San Fran Fed Reserve people said it should not be in the Fed box....

Return to Top
#1221390 - 07/23/09 05:14 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Mainiac
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Originally Posted By: Mainiac
I have read thru all 55 pages of this thread, but have not seen a specific comment about whether or not the new statement about the consumer not being required to complete the agreement should be in the "fed box" or not in the "fed box." Anyone have that answer?

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1218817&gonew=1#UNREAD

Return to Top
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Moderator:  Andy_Z