Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#119273 - 10/01/03 07:28 PM Saturday drive-in limits
Anonymous
Unregistered

On Saturdays, only the drive-ins are open at my bank. Because of limited cash that the tellers have in their draw customers cannot cash checks over $1,000. Also, we do not sell cashiers checks. Do we need to post a notice and/or give prior notice?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#119274 - 10/01/03 08:11 PM Re: Saturday drive-in limits
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I know that there are Compliance Guru's out there (you know who you are, and we love you), that can answer whether or not there is a Reg Requirement, but from a customer service standpoint I would think you would want customers to know not to expect to cash large checks on a weekend - the notice might take some of the heat off of your teller staff having to tell customers.

Return to Top
#119275 - 10/01/03 08:15 PM Re: Saturday drive-in limits
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
As Tex pointed out, this is a customer service issue. You will not find any regulatory guidance.

Return to Top
#119276 - 10/02/03 02:28 PM Re: Saturday drive-in limits
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
We do not have a notice on the wall, but have it in our Deposit Account Agreement. That gives us something we can hand out to enforce our position and "prove" that it was neither a spur-of-the-moment decision, nor specific to this customer.

Return to Top