Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#119315 - 10/01/03 08:02 PM So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then
Anonymous
Unregistered

What TV shows are you NOT going to watch this week? Let's talk about them.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#119316 - 10/01/03 09:06 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
I have to admit that I have watched and enjoyed some of the reality TV, but I decided to give it up all together. I just found it too demoralizing, particularly to see what it was these people believed was important.

Here's some shows I won't be watching:

Extreme Makeover - I've watched "Extreme Makeover" a couple of times, and even though it was hard to turn off, I found it very depressing how many people who were totally fine in their appearance, thought that all it would take was some plastic surgery to completely turn their lives around.

Bachelor 4 - this one is hard, because I've enjoyed the show, but I really think it trivializes marriage and true relationships.

Friends - entertaining, but really when you stop and think about it, their lives are all really screwed up - it's depressing.

CSI - another hard one for me to give up. It can be totally fascinating, but they had way too many shows last season that focused on some (usually sexual) deviancy.

Return to Top
#1965857 - 09/30/14 09:18 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
What TV shows are you NOT going to watch this week? Let's talk about them.

Sounds like a plan

CAMS

Return to Top
#1965860 - 09/30/14 09:19 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
All of them save the Packers on Thursday night NFL. Even the advertisements for many of the shows during football is enough to rot a person's brain let alone giving an hour to watching them.

Return to Top
#1965861 - 09/30/14 09:21 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Anything that is loosely described as "Reality"... I'm out.

Return to Top
#1966115 - 10/01/14 04:37 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I just don't get the fascination with Big Brother and Survivor. Tried to watch a couple of shows and couldn't figure out what was going on and it seemed really silly. I know that both have a cult following, but I would rather watch shows like Castle, Blacklist, Nashville, Chicago Fire (for the hot guys), Chicago PD, etc.

Return to Top
#1966120 - 10/01/14 04:42 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I watched one season of both Big Brother and Survivor that was more than enough.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1966145 - 10/01/14 05:29 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The only reality show I like even a little is Amazing Race. As long as they don't get too far fetched in the challenges that is.

I like QM's list with the addition of Good Wife, Blue Bloods and the entire Thursday Shondra Rhymes line-up. That woman is an amazingly talented writer/producer. Madame Secretary seems to be shaping up nicely too.

ok...I'm a tv junkie, mostly for the noise. But I never just sit and watch. I'm always multi tasking.

Return to Top
#1966146 - 10/01/14 05:32 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I think most people who watch TV have a guilty pleasure - such as reality shows. Mine is not reality shows, but ghost hunting shows (husband got me onto these) and British sitcoms. We watch Ghost Hunters, etc. along with 'Last of the Summer Wine', 'Keeping Up Appearances', etc.

Yes, we also watch network TV - Person of Interest, Scorpion, Sleepy Hollow, TBBT, etc.

Return to Top
#1966161 - 10/01/14 05:47 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I like Bar Rescue because Jon Taffer has crazy eyes and yells at people all the time. laugh And (sadly), I have been to several of the bars featured on that show, pre-rescue. shocked

Return to Top
#1966163 - 10/01/14 05:48 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then GuitarDude
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
I like Bar Rescue because Jon Taffer has crazy eyes and yells at people all the time. laugh And (sadly), I have been to several of the bars featured on that show, pre-rescue. shocked

several or all? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1966184 - 10/01/14 06:21 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Apparently, I wont be watching South Park because Viacom and Suddenlink are feuding.

Return to Top
#1966186 - 10/01/14 06:27 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Anybody watching the final season of Sons of Anarchy? I love the show and so far the final season hasn't disappointed with lots of violence and intricate plot lines!! (And celebrity guest stars that are truly hard to spot unless you're looking)

Return to Top
#1966189 - 10/01/14 06:31 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I watch The Blacklist and The Bridge. My wife keeps trying to get me to watch other shows, but I hate getting committed to too many series, because I need some TV time for sports. I'll watch Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones when they come back around. We were also watching Tyrant until its season ended.

Return to Top
#1966196 - 10/01/14 06:34 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then CompliantOkie
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Anybody watching the final season of Sons of Anarchy? I love the show and so far the final season hasn't disappointed with lots of violence and intricate plot lines!! (And celebrity guest stars that are truly hard to spot unless you're looking)

i stopped watching in the very first season...no self respecting hardcore badass biker would wear white tennis shoes...

Return to Top
#1966243 - 10/01/14 07:21 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I am a TV junkie! I have way too many shows that I watch. Anyone catch Outlander?

Return to Top
#1966323 - 10/01/14 09:02 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I record and watch all the crime shows and the 48 hours shows. I do not do reality shows at all. I got hooked on Atlanta Housewives and I have sworn off of watching any more shows like that. For all of them to be so rich, most of them are not well behaved. I really love westerns also, so I watch the western channel and METV. My down time is TV, so I can sit all day and veg in front of the TV.

Return to Top
#1966328 - 10/01/14 09:06 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We were discussing last night that we apparently only watch shows that involve murder and crime.

Don't really care for the reality shows. Used to watch The Voice but didn't care for last season.

We are still debating on NCIS: New Orleans. The first episode was REALLY LONG! Last night it was a little faster pace.

Shows we do watch, NCIS, NCSI Los Angelos, CSI, Bones, Castle, Covert Affairs, Rizzoli & Isles,

Return to Top
#1966343 - 10/01/14 09:23 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ah, Covert Affairs and Rizzoli and Isles. pardon the pun but I would kill for a good comedy and music show in the vein of Carol Burnett.

Along those lines, did you hear that Into the Woods is coming out at Christmas this year? Look at the line up of stars. Some can actually sing!

Return to Top
#1966362 - 10/01/14 10:04 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Queen Mum
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
I am a TV junkie! I have way too many shows that I watch. Anyone catch Outlander?

Loved Outlander... can't beleive we have to wait until April.... it was just getting to the good parts of the book.

Return to Top
#1966391 - 10/02/14 12:35 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
ahk - No Criminal Minds? I DVR that one and CSI, but may stop Criminal Minds. It's just all too much.

My husband asked me last night why we weren't DVRing Madam Secretary. Do you all like it? Is it worth watching the first two episodes On Demand and beginning to DVR?

Return to Top
#1966402 - 10/02/14 01:24 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
No, we have never gotten into Criminal Minds. Too many shows now!!

Return to Top
#1966412 - 10/02/14 01:46 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I like Madam Secretary. Watch the first two and that sets the tone for the whole show. Even got my husband watching it.

Return to Top
#1966424 - 10/02/14 02:07 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks Sun Shine. I guess we'll have to do that.

Return to Top
#1966447 - 10/02/14 02:36 PM Re: So many TV threads, OK, let's talk TV then Anonymous
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
Amazing Race is about the only reality show that I can still watch regularly & it is actually on a night that we can watch it with the kids and sort of play along. The B/F and I are also avid Walking Dead and Game of Thrones fans.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2