Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1199365 - 06/11/09 01:29 AM Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years
Milburn Drysdale Offline
New Poster
Milburn Drysdale
Southeastern PA
From MS's website: Microsoft Money Plus will not be available for purchase after June 30, 2009. All purchased Money Plus products must be activated prior to Jan. 31, 2011.

Links: http://www.microsoft.com/money
http://blogs.usatoday.com/technologylive...r-18-years.html

I love this software. Have used it for 14+ years. I use to pay bills, sync bank, CC and investment accounts with it. The bill pay is an enormous convenience.

And I'm sorry to see it disappear in two years. Maybe it leaves an opening for others to fill.

Comments?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1199862 - 06/11/09 06:22 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Milburn Drysdale
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Others are filling the need. That is why MS stopped selling it in retail outlets last year and stopped the annual updates.

Tomorrow's TechTalk will have a blurb on this.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1199885 - 06/11/09 06:36 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Andy_Z
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I gave been using Quicken since 1995 and find it pretty good for both personal and business purposes. I actually have only upgraded the software about once every 5 years during that time.

Return to Top
#1199951 - 06/11/09 07:25 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Andy_Z
Milburn Drysdale Offline
New Poster
Milburn Drysdale
Southeastern PA
Originally Posted By: Andy Z
Others are filling the need. That is why MS stopped selling it in retail outlets last year and stopped the annual updates.

Tomorrow's TechTalk will have a blurb on this.

If the TechTalk will not be listing the 'others', can you do so here, please?

Last edited by Milburn Drysdale; 06/11/09 07:26 PM.
Return to Top
#1200163 - 06/11/09 10:46 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Milburn Drysdale
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The article we link to has some, but Intuit's Quickbooks (or Quicken) is the major player. I read an article that said essentially that Intuit is the David to Microsofts Goliath. They are one of the few, if not the only company to stand up to MS and win.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1202215 - 06/16/09 11:37 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Andy_Z
Dolly Nugent Offline
Diamond Poster
Dolly Nugent
Southern California
Does anyone know if you can be able to import your Money files into Quicken? I too have used Money for over 15 years.

Return to Top
#1202230 - 06/17/09 02:56 AM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years Dolly Nugent
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Quicken has a converter, but it doesn't work if you have more than 10,000 transactions. I'm sure they will enhance this now that Money is going away:

https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/qui...p;p_faq_id=5521

Return to Top
#1210078 - 06/30/09 04:19 PM Re: Microsoft Money: suddenly canceled after 18 years rlcarey
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
If you only use it to download transactions for record-keeping purposes, will we still be able to use it for years to come? I hate to see this because Quicken charges such an exhoritant licensing fee for customers to actually download through a bank's online banking software that it priced out us small banks. But we may have to bite the bullet and pay them now.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z