Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#120471 - 10/06/03 07:13 PM Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you guys allow any employee to view any other employee account, or do you have security levels set so that they can only view their own account information? We are going through a conversion and our previous system tracked who looked at what and could be set pretty easily on who had access to different levels. The new system is not as friendly in setting up the parameters and has no tracking device so that testing could be done to determine if employees were checking things out they didn't have a need to know (i.e. anything other than helping an employee/customer complete a transaction). Thanks.

Return to Top
Audit
#120472 - 10/06/03 07:40 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
LCM Offline
LCM
Our system's security parameters are set so employees have inquiry-only access to their own accounts, and transaction-only to other employee accounts.

Return to Top
#120473 - 10/06/03 07:43 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

What system are you currently on?

Return to Top
#120474 - 10/06/03 07:45 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
LCM Offline
LCM
OSI

Return to Top
#120475 - 10/06/03 08:10 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
ABirkla Offline
100 Club
ABirkla
Ours has different levels of security. The lowest level, which is assigned to all employees besides executive officers allows employees read-only access to their account and nothing for other employees.

Return to Top
#120476 - 10/06/03 08:16 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

That one sounds like what our previous sytem offered....thanks.

Return to Top
#120477 - 10/07/03 06:36 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
KatH Offline
New Poster
KatH
Wisconsin
We use the Jack Henry system and there are parameters for different security levels. There are also reports to show who is looking at what. We have our security levels set so that employees can only view their own accounts. The tellers are the only ones with transaction access, but can't view the account itself. Everyone I have ever talked to on this issue has indicated that this is the standard practice in our industry.

Return to Top
#120478 - 10/08/03 03:46 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

We use Horizon (From Fidelity formerly known as Alltel). Once our users have inquiry access, they have access to inquire on everyone. We have discussed the issue several times due to privacy concerns, but haven't gotten anywhere. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Return to Top
#120479 - 10/08/03 06:26 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is Anon (original poster)-that is okay-actually, sometimes just knowing you are not the only one dealing with these issues is a help (you know, the misery loves company thing? ). Thanks and good luck on your side too.

Return to Top
#120480 - 10/14/03 02:46 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
Quote:

We use Horizon (From Fidelity formerly known as Alltel). Once our users have inquiry access, they have access to inquire on everyone. We have discussed the issue several times due to privacy concerns, but haven't gotten anywhere. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

We are on horizon also. But, we "code" employees accounts. If a teller was to inquire on my account, they would only see my name and account number. The balance would not be available to them. Certain supervisors and officers are able to view this information via their security setting. In addition, there is a report called the Security Audit report which shows employees looking at other employees' accounts. That allows us to follow up with those employees' to make sure it was business related.

We have a pretty strict policy that covers these types of violations.

Return to Top
#120481 - 10/14/03 09:18 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi
We're on OSI also. Can you email me and tell me how you set that up? I'm at rcannon@nifcu.org.
Thanks

Return to Top
#120482 - 10/14/03 10:13 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
We use BISYS, and no employee is allowed to view employee accounts, or even do transactions. Not even your own. The only exception is Human Resources, they can view other employees and do transactions. If an employee needed a stop payment, they ask HR.

Return to Top
#120483 - 10/15/03 02:19 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
LCM Offline
LCM
Quote:

Hi
We're on OSI also. Can you email me and tell me how you set that up? I'm at rcannon@nifcu.org.
Thanks

I tried to email you, but my message was returned. Apparently your email server doesn't like my address. If you register in BakersOnline, I'd be happy to send you a private message. Thanks.

Return to Top
#120484 - 10/15/03 10:55 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Rosemary Offline
New Poster
Hi,

I'm registered, but you have to forgive my ignorance. I'm still getting the hang of this system. How do I send a private email?

Thanks,
Cannonball

Return to Top
#120485 - 10/16/03 11:41 AM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Forgiven. Click on the user name, click on "send a private message." A small envelope will appear in the upper left hand corner of the recipient's screen the next time he or she logs on. If they click on it, they will go to their "home" and see your message.

Return to Top
#120486 - 10/20/03 06:15 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

This message is directed to "Red"

This is interesting info you have given me regarding Horizon. We have inquired several times about this with our reps and they said there is no way to tell when employees are viewing other employee info. They also told us that there was no way for us to block information.

Where in NE are you located? I am in NY

Return to Top
#120487 - 10/20/03 06:52 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
We also use Fidelity/Horizon and you can put a confidential code on deposit accounts and each time one of the accounts is viewed, or a profile is viewed, a Security Audit Report is generated.

Return to Top
#120488 - 10/20/03 07:25 PM Re: Employees Viewing Employee Accounts
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
I'd be happy to share more info. PM me w/ your email address.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z