Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Thread Options
#1204658 - 06/19/09 07:18 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already DD Regs
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I think Jon gets the better end of that deal.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1204703 - 06/19/09 07:48 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Sing A Little
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
thats the rumor sing. She will probably drag it out as long as possible.

Return to Top
#1204705 - 06/19/09 07:49 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already TB 12
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
i saw on tabloid covers something about her slapping one of the girls in public. Maybe that is what the big annoucement is for

Return to Top
#1204744 - 06/19/09 08:19 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already kms
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I love watching the little kids. Wish we could do that without the parents.

Return to Top
#1204871 - 06/20/09 09:01 AM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already kms
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: kms
i saw on tabloid covers something about her slapping one of the girls in public. Maybe that is what the big annoucement is for

Kate "slapped" (sorta playfully) Emeril Lagasse with a wooden spoon when he was at the house cooking for the Gosselin family.

Kate "spanked" her 5yo daughter Leah. Kate was on the phone and Leah refused to stop blowing a whistle. (Cameras were rolling.)

It was also said that Jon has been living in a room above the family garage.

(On a different note, I bet Octomom is glad to have the media circus off her back for a while. . . looks like there's another eight kids that they are interested in. crazy)

Return to Top
#1204896 - 06/20/09 09:55 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Citrus
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Slapping to me involves the face. Spanking involves the rear. My son received spankings that involved two or three little swats to the rear and I'll bet he didn't get half a dozen of those. There were other punishments for misbehaving that got his attention better.

Return to Top
#1204913 - 06/21/09 05:49 AM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Bagweaver
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
Well, the update (before their big announcement on Monday) is that they are separating and beginning the divorce. Supposedly the producers are trying to find a "camera-friendly" apartment for Jon to live in.

Personally, I haven't watched all that much of this show until recently - there was a marathon and I saw several shows in a row.

Have they ever tried marriage counseling? Have they tried to repair their relationship? It just seems like it was over because they are both too stubborn to really try to make it work...at least for the sake of these 8 children. Have they never heard of sacrifice? It seems to be "all about me" and not for the good of the entire family.

There seemed to be many happy times in earlier days. With work, I would think they might be able to recapture some of what made them fall in love in the first place...

Signed,
Pollyanna
grin

Return to Top
#1204970 - 06/22/09 11:59 AM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Citrus
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
You have to want the relationship to work and get outside help. It seems they don't want it to work.

Return to Top
#1204974 - 06/22/09 12:05 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already pjs
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I agree. They both seem so targeted on what they want as individuals rather than what would be better for the children. Of course, based on Kate's on camera yelling, there's no telling how much goes on when the cameras aren't there, and it might be better for the kids in the long run for them to separate/divorce. You have to want the counseling to work before it can help.

It would be interesting to see who got or gave up what as a part of the divorce settlement.

Return to Top
#1205075 - 06/22/09 02:27 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Bagweaver
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Jon seems like a decent guy, but he doesn't seem to give himself emotionally to Kate for some reason, and it seemed like that even in the early years. She seemed way more into him than he was into her.

If that is the truth, then a relationship like that can only last so long before it crashes and burns. She's got an attitude problem occasionally, but he just seems like he doesn't open up much and share.

Eh, that's my take anyway. Counseling sure seems like a good idea though.

Return to Top
#1205080 - 06/22/09 02:34 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already MB Guy
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I don't think I would be opening up and sharing either, if what I always opened up about and shared was always wrong.

Return to Top
#1205082 - 06/22/09 02:36 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already #Just Jay
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
I don't think I would be opening up and sharing either, if what I always opened up about and shared was always wrong.

We're men, we should be used to that treatment, lol.

But, I am really just talking about good, open communication between spouses.

Return to Top
#1205115 - 06/22/09 03:08 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Yeah, I open my ears, she opens her mouth.

Return to Top
#1205121 - 06/22/09 03:11 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already DD Regs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: DD Regs

you got a problem with that buddy?

Return to Top
#1205190 - 06/22/09 04:12 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Originally Posted By: DD Regs

you got a problem with that buddy?

If he does, I'm sure you have a doghouse you can lend him! laugh

Return to Top
#1205486 - 06/22/09 07:42 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already pjs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Did not say there was problem with it. She says it, I heard it, that settles it.

For this exact purpose I do not have a dog. If I ever do have a dog, he will have the best house in the hood.

(Fridge, Microwave, Cable, Flatscreen TV)

Return to Top
#1205628 - 06/22/09 10:38 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already DD Regs
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
It was just announced that they filed for divorce this afternoon.

Return to Top
#1205670 - 06/23/09 06:43 AM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Buddy the Elf
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
The second half of the show was terribly sad. frown

Whether it was true or not, it seemed as though Kate wanted to try to work on things and Jon didn't.

The restaurant outing was very sweet, though.

(Did Jon recently pierce his ears? During the interviews tonight his earrings were really sparkling.)

Return to Top
#1205675 - 06/23/09 09:24 AM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Citrus
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
That's no surprise about the divorce.
I'd really really have to have some concrete evidence that Kate WANTED to work things out.

Return to Top
#1205715 - 06/23/09 12:44 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already pjs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I am guessing that Kate wanted things to continue the way that they had for the past 10 years (or at least 5 years that this show has been on) where she belittled him and criticized everything about him in front of their children and the world. I doubt very much that she wanted to work things out or improve the relationship. If you just watched last night's show (or the few shows this season) without seeing the past seasons you would think that Jon was a real jerk.

I have to think that something catastrophic happened that created this break down and I am guessing that it was infidelity on one or the other's part. Either way, it is sad for the kids right now, but probably better for them in the long run. The best thing for them would be if Mom and Dad pulled the plug on this TV show and left them lead a somewhat normal life from here on out.

Return to Top
#1205719 - 06/23/09 12:46 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already thomasj
A_G Offline
10K Club
::holds up sign::

TEAM JON

Return to Top
#1205727 - 06/23/09 12:53 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already thomasj
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Kate is really playing the "poor me" part. After all of the yelling and screaming she did at him for years, she had the nerve to say last night how Jon would get upset and yell.

Don't feel sorry for either one of them. I absolutely hate it for the kids but I guess it's better out of the situation than leave things as they are.

This will probably give Kate a new opportunity for a book and tour. Jon needs to hire a ghost-writer so that his side gets told also.

Return to Top
#1205732 - 06/23/09 12:55 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Bagweaver
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
There are three sides to every story; his side, her side, and the truth, and most likely you're never going to get to the truth.

Return to Top
#1205745 - 06/23/09 01:10 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already Bagweaver
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Bagweaver
Kate is really playing the "poor me" part. After all of the yelling and screaming she did at him for years, she had the nerve to say last night how Jon would get upset and yell.

And yet, the producers in five years never had this footage of him doing so to show, just her... hmmmmm....

They can only show what you give them to show.

Return to Top
#1205903 - 06/23/09 03:08 PM Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Enough Already MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Cosmo
There are three sides to every story; his side, her side, and the truth, and most likely you're never going to get to the truth.
Amen. Millions of kids live through divorce. The 8 will too. Jon and Kate aren't monsters. If anything, the tv show has forced them to be civil, something lots of divorcing couples could take a hint from.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10