Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1208181 - 06/26/09 02:58 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead B_F
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: B_F
He had talent, but I'm not sad to see this perverted child molester die.

The man was already tried in court and found not guilty.

Glad to see you are a better person than I am. crazy

R.I.P Michael.
Last edited by Just Jay; 06/26/09 03:09 AM. Reason: not gonna sink to that level afterall

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1208182 - 06/26/09 03:04 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead #Just Jay
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
He was not just a recording artist, but a true performer.
He will not be forgotten.

Rest in Peace, Michael.

Return to Top
#1208183 - 06/26/09 03:05 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
The man was already tried in court and found not guilty.

Glad to see you are a better person than I am. crazy

R.I.P Michael.

I was thinking the same thing (not that BF's a better person;) ) but that MJ has found not guilty. Can't we just give the guy peaceful rest and let him be judged by his maker.

See I knew we'd agree on something wink sooner or later. smile

Return to Top
#1208185 - 06/26/09 03:21 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead QCL
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I wonder if President Obama should issue a statement.

Return to Top
#1208186 - 06/26/09 03:24 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead buggs
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
That's just wrong.
wink

Return to Top
#1208189 - 06/26/09 03:29 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead QCL
SunnyT Offline
Diamond Poster
SunnyT
Sandy Beach - Florida
I wouldn't be surprised if he released some kind of press statement.

Return to Top
#1208195 - 06/26/09 10:56 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead SunnyT
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
He certainly was an icon. May his family and children find comfort.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1208199 - 06/26/09 11:31 AM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Tigg
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'm actually surprised at my reaction to Michael's death. He's been strange almost as far back as I can remember him, but I have always loved his music. It does sadden me. RIP, Michael.

Return to Top
#1208203 - 06/26/09 12:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead buggs
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Originally Posted By: Cynical-Realist
I wonder if President Obama should issue a statement.

I actually thought about this last night - whether or not there would be a statement from the WH. I think that would tread on too many people's toes though. Even if Jackson was found not guilty of molestation, an adult having young boys sleep in bed with them is not a normal or usual thing, and does not sit right with many people. That would be a very, very fine line to walk.

Return to Top
#1208205 - 06/26/09 12:19 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Snow Bunny
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I hope someone with some sense in that family gets custody of his children. They deserve a change at a semi-normal life. I know they are probably grieving right now and don't really understand - my heart goes out to them. I enjoyed the music of the Jackson 5 a lot when I was in 6th grade - not so much his later stuff.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1208207 - 06/26/09 12:21 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Snow Bunny
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
His death has overshadowed Farrahs by a long shot. Actually, that may be better for her family, but she deserves a tribute for her strength and courage in the latter years of her life. Sorry, but Michael had gotten WAY too weird/strange/drug addled for my liking; although 'Thriller' will always be one of my favorites.

Return to Top
#1208208 - 06/26/09 12:25 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Skittles
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I agree with you Skittles. My first thought was that it was a shame it had to happen the same day as Farrah.

Also agree that he was very mixed up, and didn't realize about the drug problems until I heard it on the news. With all the money he had, it's a shame that he didn't get the therapy (drug and emotional) that he needed.

Return to Top
#1208212 - 06/26/09 12:29 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Snow Bunny
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Both deaths are sad. They were both young. frown

Return to Top
#1208214 - 06/26/09 12:30 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Snow Bunny
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I liked his stuff beginning with the Jackson 5 through Thriller, and then things just started getting weird.

RIP, Michael. You had a h#llva ride in this life.

Return to Top
#1208216 - 06/26/09 12:31 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Snow Bunny
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
i heard about the high amounts of painkillers from someone close to the family and he had warned them that if this ever happened, he would come clean to the public about

Return to Top
#1208228 - 06/26/09 12:39 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead QCL
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
It's easy to sling mud at the guy, but I wonder how you would've turned out if you were world famous and instantly recognized since you were 10 years old. I think he really was a kid that never had the chance to grow up. He's been reclusive and sheltered all his life. The things you take for granted like privacy, not being hounded by random people when you go to the grocery store, a restaurant, or anywhere outside the confines of your yard will probably affect you in some strange ways.

I hope the King of Pop has found the peace that seemed to elude him in life. I've had "Billy Jean" in my head since I heard the news...RIP Michael, "Thriller" is still one of my favorite albums!

Return to Top
#1208264 - 06/26/09 01:11 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead FBH
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Every station around here is playing his music this morning, naturally. Listenign to it all though, gotta wonder, did the guy or the J5 really ever have a bad song???

They were pulling out some pretty old and obscure stuff, and I kept thinking, damn, I forgot that one, and its good!!

Return to Top
#1208278 - 06/26/09 01:23 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead FBH
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: FBH
It's easy to sling mud at the guy, but I wonder how you would've turned out if you were world famous and instantly recognized since you were 10 years old. I think he really was a kid that never had the chance to grow up. He's been reclusive and sheltered all his life. The things you take for granted like privacy, not being hounded by random people when you go to the grocery store, a restaurant, or anywhere outside the confines of your yard will probably affect you in some strange ways.

I hope the King of Pop has found the peace that seemed to elude him in life. I've had "Billy Jean" in my head since I heard the news...RIP Michael, "Thriller" is still one of my favorite albums!

I agree with every part of what you said...and I linked this to FB last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74Y_p6or00

I remember the anniversary special, may even have it on VHS somewhere smile

Return to Top
#1208279 - 06/26/09 01:23 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead #Just Jay
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I think Michael Jackson was extremely talented. He has all my respect as a musican and performer. I think my favorite song of his would have to be "Black or White," although there are others of his that are just as good.

My favorite Jackson 5 song is "I Want You Back."

The thing that gets me the most about his death is that I keep thinking that he and I were born in the same year. Dam! He died too young. I would have liked to have seen him make a comeback.

Return to Top
#1208281 - 06/26/09 01:25 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead #Just Jay
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Every station around here is playing his music this morning, naturally. Listenign to it all though, gotta wonder, did the guy or the J5 really ever have a bad song???

They were pulling out some pretty old and obscure stuff, and I kept thinking, damn, I forgot that one, and its good!!

Here too...and that was the same thought I had...even the rock stations were playing various covers of his stuff...very cool...

Return to Top
#1208290 - 06/26/09 01:35 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead QCL
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
Originally Posted By: FBH

I agree with every part of what you said...and I linked this to FB last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74Y_p6or00

I remember the anniversary special, may even have it on VHS somewhere smile

And there is no denying it, he did weird things, and did have relationships that most adults know better not to have, and we also know that people in poor situations where they have exposure to someone very well off can and do get greedy and nasty which ends up tarnishing normally good people for life.

We all will choose to remember him in the light and image of which suit us best, as a generation ago did for the passing of Elvis.

I think most of us will be abale to agree on, regardless of his lavish, unique, often troubled life, he was a great artists, singer, dancer (damn he could dance!) and genuinely was, and wanted to be a good person who could give others happiness through his talents.

Return to Top
#1208301 - 06/26/09 01:46 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead #Just Jay
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
He's a chester... He had some good music though.

Return to Top
#1208302 - 06/26/09 01:48 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead kms
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: kms
i heard about the high amounts of painkillers from someone close to the family and he had warned them that if this ever happened, he would come clean to the public about

I saw a report this morning that he died shortly after getting an injection of Demerol from his personal physician for pain.

Return to Top
#1208307 - 06/26/09 01:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead Fork Ate Spoon
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Thank the Lord for XM radio, the new wave station didn't play any MJ yesterday or today. While I admit he was talented, I never cared for any of his music (although I do like wierd Al's version of "I'm fat"). Is it true one of his kids is named Blanket?

Return to Top
#1208308 - 06/26/09 01:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson is dead HappyGilmore
A_G Online
10K Club
OMG!!

Best South Park espisode EVER!! laugh laugh laugh

::high voice::

c'mon blanket

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5