Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1208818 - 06/26/09 07:01 PM Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (HASP),
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Has anyone referred any borrowers for counseling under this program ? We have a borrower who has lost his job, so no income.. my read is they would not qualify as the program indicates the requirement that lenders document income? Any thoughts?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1209016 - 06/26/09 09:58 PM Re: Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (HASP), Chocaholic
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
I think you are referring to the Home Affordable Modification Program, but I could be wrong.

It is my understanding under the HAMP you refer borrowers to counseling if their back-end DTI ratio is above a certain level (55%?). So, yes, you would have documented the income in order to determine the DTI.

If you're not talking about HAMP, then I'm not sure what provision of the HASP you mean.

Return to Top
#1209049 - 06/26/09 10:50 PM Re: Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (HASP), homestar
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
I was and thank you...
the current situation we have is a borrower who lost their job... so now zero income... my thought is they wouldn't qualify for the program because one of the stipulations is lenders must document income..Am I off base? Best case, they may qualify for unemployment insurance..

Return to Top
#1209535 - 06/29/09 07:54 PM Re: Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (HASP), Chocaholic
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Originally Posted By: Chocaholic
the current situation we have is a borrower who lost their job... so now zero income... my thought is they wouldn't qualify for the program because one of the stipulations is lenders must document income..Am I off base? Best case, they may qualify for unemployment insurance..

I don't think we've made it that far with a HAMP mod yet. Has your borrower entered the trial modification period yet? I suppose you could look to unemployment benefits, but I'm not sure. You might want to send a question to the HMP Admin Web Site:

https://www.hmpadmin.com/portal/index.html

Good luck!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z