Thread Options Tools
#121118 - 10/08/03 05:41 PM 1042-S Reporting
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,029
Sweet Home AL
Do we have to file a 1042-S for Canadian companies as well as Canadian residents?
Life without Jesus is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#121119 - 10/08/03 06:54 PM Re: 1042-S Reporting
rlcarey Online
10K Club
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 77,609
Galveston, TX
Yes - Foreign person. A foreign person includes a nonresident alien individual, a foreign corporation, a foreign partnership, a foreign trust, a foreign estate, and any other person that is not a U.S. person.

See here:

1042S Instructions
The opinions expressed here should not be construed to be those of my employer:

Return to Top