Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#12112 - 12/24/01 05:23 AM PDA Regs.
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Call it a late birthday present, an early Christmas present, begging enough or just having a thoughtful wife, I've gone slightly to "the dark side". I'm selling my Handspring Visor and am now using a Compaq iPAQ. This means I am in the PocketPC operating system more than the Palm OS.

Updated regulations in eReader form (Pocket PC) are now available on my personal web site.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

[This message has been edited by Andy Z (edited 12-24-2001).]

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#12113 - 12/24/01 01:25 PM Re: PDA Regs.
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
My problem, Andy, is that I have too much invested in Palm OS software to have the switch make sense. Plus, I still really like the size of the Palm Vx and m500 series devices. When I upgraded six months ago, I thought about the Compaq at that time, but came to the conclusion to move to the m505 instead.

------------------
Jim Bedsole, CRCM, CBA, CFSA

Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Return to Top
#12114 - 12/24/01 03:22 PM Re: PDA Regs.
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I was ready for increased functionality in Word and Excel over what I had on my Palm and I wanted color.

Each device has its pros and cons and each has a highest and best use. I was ready for an upgrade and thought I'd take a leap on this one. Eventually I'll get a wireless network for the house so my old PCs used by the family can surf the web and share a printer, etc. The iPAQ can connect to the network as well. Besides, I just love these toys.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z