Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1213005 - 07/06/09 06:28 PM Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
If anyone has any idea, please send them my way.
thanks
g.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1213010 - 07/06/09 06:35 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Gigi2Three
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Google for oriental trading company, they sell small prizes like you are looking for.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#1213013 - 07/06/09 06:37 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Gigi2Three
A_G Offline
10K Club
Are you looking for something general (like a three-legged race) or tied into the religion somehow (crown of thorns ring toss)?

Return to Top
#1213014 - 07/06/09 06:38 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Gigi2Three
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
throwing ping pong balls into fish bowls. Win a goldfish.

balloon darts

Return to Top
#1213022 - 07/06/09 06:48 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Big Dog
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
bean bag toss
watermelon seed spitting
pie throw
ring toss
jelly bean count
pile of bricks weight guess

Return to Top
#1213023 - 07/06/09 06:49 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Big Dog
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
fish pond

set up a 2Lt soda bottle using a pole (like a fish rod) with a string with a wooden ring on the end.

Guess how much DQ's hair weighs?
See how close you can get to AG before you pass out from the smell?

Sorry. Couldn't resist smirk

Return to Top
#1213046 - 07/06/09 07:03 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Snow Bunny
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Buy lots of 2 liter pop, place on floor, toss rings. Winner gets bottle of pop.

Putter, Ball, Cup. Put tape on the floor for the boundery, cup at end. (If you have any carpeters, they coul duse 2x4 to make bouderies.

Corn Hole, one board, points prize for in the hole or on the board, etc.

Return to Top
#1213067 - 07/06/09 07:22 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games DD Regs
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
pie eating contest (chocolate of course!)

cake walk

Return to Top
#1213197 - 07/06/09 09:55 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Bagweaver
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
thanks so much all!!!

Return to Top
#1213206 - 07/06/09 10:14 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Gigi2Three
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
The ring toss for soda can also be done using 20 oz bottles. Consider contacting your local Coke/Pepsi dealer and asking about a price for a church fundraiser! You'd be surprised what they might be willing to do. (Well, maybe not in this economy, but they used to do donations).

Another CHEAP (and win every time game) is the lollypop pull.

Buy a bunch of suckers, and mark a few on the bottom with a colored marker. If you pull one of the marked lollypops, you win a prize, otherwise, you win the lollypop! We did this at my church and the kids would keep coming back just to get a piece of candy. Heck, sometimes they didn't even check the bottom.

Return to Top
#1213212 - 07/06/09 10:32 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: B_F
The ring toss for soda can also be done using 20 oz bottles. Consider contacting your local Coke/Pepsi dealer and asking about a price for a church fundraiser! You'd be surprised what they might be willing to do. (Well, maybe not in this economy, but they used to do donations).

Remember when they actually used glass bottles for this? frown

Similar line, coin toss: 4'x4' boss with plenty of 'spring' to it with a variety of coins spread out, silver dollar in the middle. kids toss rings and if the ring totally surrounds the coin, kid keeps the coin! Best part: dad spends a buck for six metal rings, kid wins 45 cents and thinks he is king of the world. Plus, no parent will let the kid walk away without a handfull of coins, so they just keep forking over those dollars....

Return to Top
#1213219 - 07/06/09 11:40 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
There's another game you can play.

Stack plates of various sizes on a few inverted buckets and other such stands, on top of a tarp that fills the floor of the stand. Put a few coins on each plate, and use a couple small plates with a dollar bill on them.

For a quarter a shot, if the person can put the quarter on the plate with a throw, they get the money on the plate.

Or you can simply let them chuck quarters and win prizes.

Return to Top
#1213220 - 07/06/09 11:40 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Remember when they actually used glass bottles for this? frown

Glass bottles now are too expensive. It's like a special edition!

Return to Top
#1213298 - 07/07/09 01:50 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games B_F
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
How about a pie throwing contest with the preacher or a popular sunday school teacher(s)? Our elementary school has a carnival and they set up a plywood clown with the face cut out, the victim.... I mean volunteer sticks their face in the cutout and kids get to throw whipped cream pies at them - always very popular. Some party supply/rental places also rent out dunk tanks which are always fun.

Return to Top
#1213396 - 07/07/09 03:02 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games thomasj
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
fishing poles hung over a partition so the kids can't see the other side - tie prizes to the line and give a tug like they got a bite.........

Return to Top
#1213500 - 07/07/09 04:18 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games thomasj
A_G Offline
10K Club
Hang-Man?

Return to Top
#1213507 - 07/07/09 04:24 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games Pale Rider
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
fishing poles hung over a partition so the kids can't see the other side - tie prizes to the line and give a tug like they got a bite.........

I used to love this as a kid!

Return to Top
#1213512 - 07/07/09 04:31 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games DD Regs
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Hail Mary Pass, Punt and Kick contest?

Return to Top
#1213513 - 07/07/09 04:32 PM Re: Wanted inexpensive ideas for Church carnival games #Just Jay
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
How about Toss ACross? That beanbag tic tac toe game. Loved that as a kid.

Return to Top