Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1217204 - 07/14/09 08:57 PM flood zone discrepancy
QueenBB Offline
100 Club
TX
Flood cert says property is in AE. Borrower gets adequate flood insurance. Policy says zone is X. I called and asked that zone be changed to match our flood cert. KABOOM!!!!!! Insurance agest blows up and says banks shouldn't be messing in their business; that his rating service says it's "X" and refuses to change it. Banks are just trying to make borrower pay more money. Long story short - is there anything in the flood guidelines that I can show to him that the zone on the insurance should match the flood cert?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1217251 - 07/14/09 10:50 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy QueenBB
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Look at the 1st paragraph on page 2. I will refrain from comment on the absolute ignorance of the agent mad

Return to Top
#1217256 - 07/14/09 11:06 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy Cowboys Fan
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Insurance agent doesn't know what s/he is talking about. As Cowboy pointed out, FEMA even had to issue this "trump" memo to shut them up. Borrower does not have "adequate" insurance if the zone is wrong.

If the insurance won't comply, report them to the State Insurance Commission and FEMA (seriously).

Return to Top
#1217387 - 07/15/09 02:43 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy David Dickinson
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
Caution. His rating service may know that the property is eligible for grandfathering. What that means may not be clear to the agent.

Was the property remapped?

Al

Return to Top
#1217727 - 07/15/09 08:00 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy Al Miller
QueenBB Offline
100 Club
TX
Nothing has been remapped. Thanks for the info. I found the same info shortly after posting and faxed it to the insurance company. I have talked to the other determination company and am working directly with them now. It appears that a portion of the property is NOT in the flood zone and that is what the rating company picked up. Fortunately, I have a survey that shows the house in the flood zone. We will see what happens now.....I think I have the bigger gun smile I sure appreciate BOL and the help given when asking questions.

Return to Top
#1217801 - 07/15/09 09:09 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy QueenBB
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
For next time, your contract with your determination company probably requires them to fight this kind of battle for you. Fighting this battle was a good learning experience, but I doubt that you are a slow enough learner to have to do it again. grin

Al

Return to Top
#1217809 - 07/15/09 09:18 PM Re: flood zone discrepancy Al Miller
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree. I always recommend:
1. Contact your flood vendor and ask them to re-verify.
2. If they insist they are right, ask them to prove it and send you evidence. They probably have map over lays, etc.
3. Take this info to the insurance agent.
4. Hopefully, one of them will "blink".

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z