Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1218824 - 07/17/09 08:21 PM Am I imagining this?
GoneToTexas Offline
100 Club
Texas
Maybe it's the swine flu scare from a few months ago that's made me more aware of this - I'm not sure. But I've been noticing a lot of bad habits of people around me. People coughing and sneezing around other people without covering their mouth, or digging in their nose and then touching some community item like the coffee maker. Better yet, you're in the restroom and see someone coming out of the stall and leaving without washing their hands. I don't think I'm a germophobe. Is it just me? Ewww!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1218839 - 07/17/09 08:37 PM Re: Am I imagining this? GoneToTexas
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
It's NOT just you. . .people are disgusting! I am amazed on a daily basis that in the professional environment where I work, people can be this gross. I have "hermit" tendencies anyway, and it just makes me want to avoid people even more!

I have one male coworker who reportedly never washes his hands after using the restroom. It doesn't matter what time I go to the breakroom for lunch, he is there. Every (and I mean absolutely every) lunch break, he coughs all over everyone and everything at the table (small bank, so there's just one table in there) and he also blows his nose at the table during every single lunch. It has gotten so I wait until mid-afternoon to eat my lunch, or else I sneak into the board room to eat it, just to avoid the gross-fest!

Return to Top
#1218866 - 07/17/09 08:59 PM Re: Am I imagining this? Hoosierland
Mash-a Potatoes! Offline
I've noticed it too. I'm now in the habit of opening the bathroom door with my paper towel and throw it away when I'm back at my desk.

Return to Top
#1218885 - 07/17/09 09:25 PM Re: Am I imagining this? Mash-a Potatoes!
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
It's just your imagination. Now take a nap.

Return to Top