Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#122737 - 10/15/03 04:22 PM CRA Geocoding
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need a recommendation for a website that we can use to look up our census tracts for specific addresses?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#122738 - 10/15/03 04:46 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
FFIEC Try this There are other sites and there is also software available, check the BOL store.

Return to Top
#122739 - 10/15/03 05:41 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
Ski Offline
Platinum Poster
South Louisiana
We use this site exclusively for our HMDA geo-coding. However, it seems as though the site is down. For the last 3 or 4 days whenever we key in an address and the press enter, the same screen comes back again, only blank. I e-mailed the FFIEC, but have not yet heard back.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Return to Top
#122740 - 10/15/03 07:01 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#122741 - 10/15/03 07:21 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Quote:

Is anyone else having this problem?

We use the FFIEC's site too - it seems to be working for me, and my mortgage processors haven't reported any problems.

Return to Top
#122742 - 10/15/03 07:26 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
I was having the same problem with the ffiec website last week( I haven't tried this week yet). I would input the address, and then it would come back blank. I would then input the address again, and it would geocode.

Return to Top
#122743 - 10/15/03 11:29 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
FFIEC does that on occasion. Nothing new. I like the census bureau's fact finder better (the link was provided above). It's more reliable and seems to be less sensative when an address is just a tad bit off. (St verses Ave) The maps are MUCH better.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#122744 - 10/23/03 08:50 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
mo Offline
mo
Wisconsin
Apparently the problems accessing the FFIEC website for geocoding are more than just temporary. They installed additional security to protect against data miners, and as a result, if a bank has certain types of firewalls installed (i.e., Watchguard), you would need to uncheck "remove client inforamation" in order to access geocoding. Our bank considers this too risky to do.

I know that others have had said they were having problems, too. What are you doing to get around it? Other geocoding websites just don't seem as easy, and out regulator uses FFIEC during HMDA exams, so I'd just as soon use it, too.

Return to Top
#122745 - 10/23/03 09:52 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
What about a stand alone computer that isn't hooked up to your network and does not go through the firewall. It could be used for geocoding only.

We use a different software system, but the above might work for you.

Return to Top
#122746 - 10/23/03 10:33 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
It's working for me. If your firewalls won't let you in, have you tried FactFinder? I prefer their site to the FFIEC.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#122747 - 10/23/03 10:39 PM Re: CRA Geocoding
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
FFIEC indicates its a Firewall problem here is there resolution to the problem.

You may need to configure your Firewall to trust content from the site. You should check your firewall's
documentation about how to configure your computer so that it will recognize the FFIEC's website as trusted.

If you need assistance, please email crahelp@frb.gov or call the CRA Assistance Line at 202-872-7584 and let us know if you are using a personalfirewall and what program, e.g., Norton antivirus, Watchdog, etc.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z