Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#12305 - 04/24/01 09:31 PM Privacy and opt out on web page
yomama Offline
We are puting this on our internet banking web site. Our internet banking customers agreed to accept electronic disclosures when they signed up for internet banking. The Privacy Notice will contain a link to go to the internet banking privacy notice and have a form to complete to opt out. The form will be encrypted before it is returned to the bank. Anyone see any problems, issues, advice or the all important, DISCLOSURE VIOLATION?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#12306 - 04/24/01 09:49 PM Re: Privacy and opt out on web page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I don't have it in front of me, but does GLB say you will mail or deliver the notices and is that term defined?

I ask this because you may have customers signed up for Internet banking who are not regular users. Will they receive their disclosures as required? Do you snail mail statements to these folks now or is all correspondence in e-form?

The answers to these may influence your process.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#12307 - 04/24/01 09:59 PM Re: Privacy and opt out on web page
yomama Offline
Andy, We are mailing a notice to all customers. We are just including as an option on the Privacy Notice, a way to opt out electronically.

Return to Top
#12308 - 04/25/01 01:41 AM Re: Privacy and opt out on web page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If it is an additional way, you are fine. Some banks allow the customer to write, call, use an automated telephone system or Internet.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z