Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1231748 - 08/12/09 08:04 PM HB 4011 (SAFE Mortgage Act) compliance
Infernal Auditor Offline
New Poster
Southern Illinois
We are a national bank, regulated by the OCC. AFter reading HB4011, it appears that our loan officers will NOT be required to register with the NMLSR or obtain any kind of license. Is my interpretation correct?

Return to Top
#1232325 - 08/13/09 06:46 PM Re: HB 4011 (SAFE Mortgage Act) compliance Infernal Auditor
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
I was under the impression that all "mortgage originators" were required to register. Although, we are an FDIC bank so i may wrong. I just got back from a training session on the SAFE Act and they didn't mention if the requirements were different for national banks.

Return to Top
#1232367 - 08/13/09 07:17 PM Re: HB 4011 (SAFE Mortgage Act) compliance Cale_N_Oats
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
See prior thread for discussion on this topic
Click Here

Return to Top
#1332806 - 01/28/10 03:49 PM Re: HB 4011 (SAFE Mortgage Act) compliance ktac MITCH
BAY Offline
100 Club
We are a state bank regulated by the Fed. We have locations however in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa. We will also lend in Wisconsin. I am under the impression we will need to register nationally, but we will not be required to license, unless the state of Illinois. I'm assuming I will also need to look at the requirements of the states we have locations in. Is this correct? I do not believe Illinois went to the extent of requiring licensing, at least not yet.
Does anyone know what will be involved in registration. Will there be a fee associated with it.

Return to Top