Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1232341 - 08/13/09 07:02 PM Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance
aanderson Offline
I have Mobile Home Park where my borrower only owns the land. The mobile homes are owner occupied dwellings (leasing the lots from my borrower). What specific flood requirements must I meet in this case? I've ordered a flood determination and it has come back partially within the SFHA. Customer does not want to provide site specific info on the Mobile Homes since he doesn't own any of them.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1232527 - 08/13/09 09:13 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance aanderson
VRV Offline
100 Club
If you are not taking a lien on any of the mobile homes and there are no other walled,roofed structures on the land you are taking as collateral, then FDPA rules would not apply to your loan. If there is a walled,roofed structure on the land, then you would need to require flood insurance if the building sits in the portion of the land that is in a SFHA. With some additional information provided to them, your vendor should be able to advise whether or not the building sits in the SFHA. If the mobile homes are not permanently affixed to the land, then the FDPA rules would not apply even if you were taking a lien on them.

Return to Top
#1232531 - 08/13/09 09:17 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance aanderson
Bville Offline
Diamond Poster
Bville
Out West
If you are not taking the mobile homes as security you don't need to worry about flood insurance on them. Are there any buidings in the park that are part of your security, perhaps a club house for the tenants use? If so, you need to determine if they are included in the flood zone, send the notice and require insurance.

Return to Top
#1232746 - 08/14/09 01:44 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance Bville
aanderson Offline
Thanks for the responses!

Return to Top
#2173176 - 04/12/18 02:19 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance aanderson
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
I need to resurrect this old post please.

We have a similar situation---commercial loan on mobile home park (land) in a participating community and the mobile homes belong to tenants. It is my understanding that the mobile homes are owned by other individuals who are renting the lot space and they are not permanently affixed to property.

Do we need flood insurance and if so how would you do this our borrower doesn't own the mobile homes? Also I called my self researching this, however I cannot find an exclusion for this...a cite would be great if anyone has that.

Return to Top
#2173178 - 04/12/18 02:23 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance aanderson
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK

Return to Top
#2173187 - 04/12/18 03:10 PM Re: Mobile Home Park/Flood Insurance aanderson
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you very much!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z